In search of a new mouse......maybe.

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
The deal is that my razer diamondback, after about 8 months, started developing a tricky left mouse click. It will not click, click normally, or double click and it's all up to the mouse. I sent a ticket thing to razer, but i'm not expecting anything.

This is what's making the decision hard. I really liked the mouse, but the durability was quite, well, crappy. I'm tempted to get a copperhead, because of the similar shape and dropped prices, but worried about it's lifespan. Maybe even a replacement Diamondback, but that's just wrong in my book. I shouldn't have to buy another of the same mouse because of the maker. Especially when it's under warrenty.

Out of desperation for a new mouse, I got a logitech MX400 from bestbuy, but the day after, decided I wanted something else. I'm really a fan of plain, symmetrical mice, so I was thinking about the logitech G3. My gaming side is telling me to go with the copperhead, but my practical side is rooting for the g3. I need opinions or other good options.

G5/G7/MX518 = no no. don't like the body style at all.

I went with the Copperhead myself recently. I had an MX510, wasn't broken but I felt like a change so I went for it.

Couldn't be happier, I prefer the Copperhead in all respects. I've never used a Diamondback so I can't compare, but so far I haven't had any problems with the Copperhead. It seems to be of excellent build quality and I much prefer the slimmer ergonomics. I never realized how awkward and "fat" the MX510 felt in my hand until I wrapped my grubby little mits around the Copperhead.

Logitech makes the G3, it's similiar in shape to the Razer mice. I'm a big fan of how the Razers feel in my hand, how they track, and everything...but their QC fucking blows the big one. I bought a blue one, it worked for a few months and the optical sensor crapped out on me. I got a red one after the blue one for my 2nd machine, it still works. After the blue one crapped out, I got a replacement for it. The right button was made wrong and it was nearly impossible to right click. I fixed that by buying a shell from somebody on here who's Razer had crapped out on him. 2/3 defective is pretty bad, in my book.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm tempted to go with the G3, because I have a logitech keyboard and speakers and they're build quality is quite nice. Also, is the G3 basically one of these on steroids? Click here. I use to have one of these, but I gave it to my girlfriend after I got my razer. It's well over 4 years old and running strong. The scoll wheel is loud, but that's it. I'm hoping the G3 would be like that. Sometimes, I wonder why I ever changed from that thing. I've even considered just getting another one.....or getting the one from my girlfriend back. lol.

I saw that Habu on the razer site and I'm not really interested. The right side looks like the older microsoft mice which i didn't like. I want a mouse that I can easily pinch on the sides to pick it up, but have a nice arch on the back to rest my palm.

the new microsoft 3.0 is out :D ive used the copperhead and diamondback, both were really light and all but i juss didnt like the body :eek: ms 3.0 has been the most comfy mouse of all that ive used ;)

LunchboX3904 said:
Also, is the G3 basically one of these on steroids?
Pretty much. It's the internals of the G5 in the little case...with side buttons.

LunchboX3904 said:
I'm tempted to go with the G3, because I have a logitech keyboard and speakers and they're build quality is quite nice. Also, is the G3 basically one of these on steroids? Click here. I use to have one of these, but I gave it to my girlfriend after I got my razer. It's well over 4 years old and running strong. The scoll wheel is loud, but that's it. I'm hoping the G3 would be like that. Sometimes, I wonder why I ever changed from that thing. I've even considered just getting another one.....or getting the one from my girlfriend back. lol.
Yes, that's a pretty decent summation. More info is at Logitech's website but essentially it's an mx300 shell (which they used on many models) with a laser engine and a few added buttons.

I don't use a g3 - I prefer the shape of the mx5XX series more - but my friends that have them are convinced they're the best mice ever.

Mark305TBI said:
Pretty much. It's the internals of the G5 in the little case...with side buttons.
sounds like what i need. :) don't forget that drygrip non sense on the side. all the reviewers said it actually works too.

This is what you need. ;)

But seriously, buying a mouse is all about preference. Go to Best Buy or Fry's and try out the shape of different mice. Then choose which one feels best to YOU.

I personally love the feel of the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. I can not use anything else.

I hated the "shape" of my G5 too and was strange at 1st to use but now i'm used to it and i don't go staring at it, i just use it! ;)

So today I went ahead and ordered a G3. At the Order completed screen, i noticed the warrenty info. 30-day refund and 1 year replacement. 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT?!?!?! :eek: where did this come from???? My razer is about 8 months old, so I talk to a guy named Scott over their live chat thing and he gave me an RMA number so I can get a free replacement. SAWEET! but, crap....the G3 was ordered. Scott, being the cool guy that he was, got it cancelled even though the order status was beyond cancellation. So, looks like i'll be getting a new diamondback plasma for free (except for shipping the old one back). I was kinda looking forward to the G3, but oh well. I really just wanted to not spend money. I'll get the G3 for sure when this next razer poops out.

Thanks for all the help guys!! And thank you Newegg/Scott!!

Back