In Store Only : Samsung 23" 2048X1152 Res Monitor - 350

RussianHAXOR

Supreme [H]ardness
These are not on the website and they have dozens of them instore. This is a new samsung monitor that has a resolution of 2048x1152 which comes down to being the same aspect ratio of 16:9. I believe the model name is 2343 BWX and it has a VGA and DVI connection as well as 5ms response time. :D

Costco.

This thing is NOWHERE to be found online. So i think that this is kind of a test sale. Definitely sounds intriguing considering that you could essentially buy 3 of these and get almost a double 30" effect. :D

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/d...l_nm=2343BWX&mType=EM&vType=L&disp_nm=2343BWX

Sorry, am in missing something? In store where?

edit: aw, nevermind, I see you added the link :p

2nd edit: page not found.

Link no worky... this is slightly less expensive than the Dell 23" just announced and showing at Dell for $419 also, same specs. Wouldnt' surprise me if it's the same LCD panel too, probably a TN.

toyota corolla 300hp go get it. not even listed on toyota's website.

I love the field of view on a 16:9 screen, wouldn't mind seeing what this one ends up like.

not without paying the cover charge, and then they keep asking for dollars

I have seen this monitor first hand at costco. I looks decent for a TN panel. What really surprises me is how much you lose going from 16x10 to 16x9. This display was right between a pair of 16x10's and you can just see how much vertical height you lose.

Why in the world are they thinking with 2048x1152 ? It's 16:9, I suppose, but it won't scale any HD modes well because it's not good multiple. It's not high enough to have any advantage over 1920x1080 or x1200.

Why in the world are they thinking with 2048x1152 ? It's 16:9, I suppose, but it won't scale any HD modes well because it's not good multiple. It's not high enough to have any advantage over 1920x1080 or x1200.

Display 2 A4 documents and a Vista sidebar simultaneously.

I have seen this monitor first hand at costco. I looks decent for a TN panel. What really surprises me is how much you lose going from 16x10 to 16x9. This display was right between a pair of 16x10's and you can just see how much vertical height you lose.
Saw it at costco and had the same thoughts. A 24" 16:10 monitor beside it looked like a giant.

If Samsung made a 24" 1920x1080p I'd probably buy it though, just to watch Lost season 4 on blu-ray next month without black bars :D

Saw it at costco and had the same thoughts. A 24" 16:10 monitor beside it looked like a giant.

If Samsung made a 24" 1920x1080p I'd probably buy it though, just to watch Lost season 4 on blu-ray next month without black bars :D

I know huh. It maybe what an inch or so but next two the 24" 16x10 it was literally dwarfed.

I suspect that these panels were custom made for medical applications to match the output resolution for imaging equipment, and they're increasing production into mainstream to drive down production costs.

this monitor has a very weird screen size, anyone know why we need another size between 22 and 24 inches?

this monitor has a very weird screen size, anyone know why we need another size between 22 and 24 inches?

Very odd indeed, especially with the introduction of this new res. 20 and 22 share the 1680x1050. Didn't see this coming

Lanczos to the rescue!

First time I'm seeing ppl complain about having a higher resolution. :p

Well, having a nonstandard resolution can really hurt the ability to scale from a different resolution. So, games + video will suffer, and possibly everything else if your video card can't be made to display at that exact resolution. All other resolution schemes increase by 50% on x and y axes for vga and hdtv schemes because (for one reason) it's easy to scale between them.

Back