Incorrect default homepage

rusty12

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I got something going on that’s pretty weird in my opinion. I've had my Vista PC up and running for about 2 months now and all of a sudden I noticed that in Internet Explorer, my manufacturer default homepage is www.creative.com :confused:
I don't have a single piece of Creative hardware in my PC so I'm not sure what gives?

Is there anyway I can get rid of this default setting permanently, so it's default is the "true" IE default homepage and not creative.com?

Tools -> internet options.

I would run a virus and spyware scan too.

I've done all of those. When I go to Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Use Default It sets it to Creative.com. I've also run my Kaspersky A/V, SpyBot, and Windows Defender and nothing has been picked up.

I'm wondering if there is some file in some folder that I can delete and hopefully set it back to the proper default? ? ? Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

errmmmm.....

You need only load the page you want to us in your browser, and then select the "Use current" button in Options to set it as the default homepage again.

I know, I know. I'm just an anal person that likes things the way they are supposed to be and creative.com is not supposed to be the default homepage. If no one is able to think of anything, then I'll just bite my lip and deal with it, but I thought I'd be worth a shot to see if anyone knew how to fix my problem. :p

I know, I know. I'm just an anal person that likes things the way they are supposed to be and creative.com is not supposed to be the default homepage. If no one is able to think of anything, then I'll just bite my lip and deal with it, but I thought I'd be worth a shot to see if anyone knew how to fix my problem. :p

huh?

Did you do this?

You need only load the page you want to us in your browser, and then select the "Use current" button in Options to set it as the default homepage again.

Back