Incredible Far Cry 2 video

What engine does this game use. Looks really good. Hopefully its the crytec2 engine :)

I can dig it. The features are pretty serious using the Crysis engine. I would like to know more about what's going on and what the game is about rather than simply a graphics demo.

That is one excellent demo. Seems more to my taste than nanotech suit chicanery.

Hmm but dubious about what engine it's using, It looks so similar to Crysis and it seems like it would be a silly waste of resources for one team to make the Crytek engine, then make FarCry and the guys write Crytek2 engine for Crysis but FarCry2 uses another completely new engine?

Seems unlikely, I reckon FarCry2 is using a modified version of the Crytek2 engine, there seems like theres only minor differences between that and Crysis.

I was sold 30 seconds in when the narrator said "This game is going to be as real as it gets. So, no more mutants or trigons."

That right there is the biggest issue I have with most single player FPS campaigns: my friends and I dubbed it EMS (Electric Monkey Syndrome) after lopers - the legless lightning weilding monsters - in rtcw. It's one of the reasons I like the jedi knight games so much: the storm troopers are just as powerful in level 1 as they are in the last levels of the game. There's just more of them. I've always felt that creating enemies that take several rockets to kill is just a cop out on the part of developers.

I was sold 30 seconds in when the narrator said "This game is going to be as real as it gets. So, no more mutants or trigons."

That right there is the biggest issue I have with most single player FPS campaigns: my friends and I dubbed it EMS (Electric Monkey Syndrome) after lopers - the legless lightning weilding monsters - in rtcw. It's one of the reasons I like the jedi knight games so much: the storm troopers are just as powerful in level 1 as they are in the last levels of the game. There's just more of them. I've always felt that creating enemies that take several rockets to kill is just a cop out on the part of developers.

Hey, how else are they going to create the illusion of difficult opponents? Improve the AI? That's labor and time intensive, plus it might just result in a quantum leap in the design of modern single player video games. Lord knows that innovation is a word these developers have forgotten the definition of.

The game shows alot of potential. Seems like they fixing the orginal Farcry and ridding the game of those stupid creatures. I loved Farcry all the way up to the first Trigon then stopped playing it. Going to keep my eye out on this game.

The game shows alot of potential. Seems like they fixing the orginal Farcry and ridding the game of those stupid creatures. I loved Farcry all the way up to the first Trigon then stopped playing it. Going to keep my eye out on this game.

I did the exact same thing. I'm starting to get more excited for this game than for Crysis. Well I'm not really looking forward to Crysis. I have a feeling all that is going to be is another pretty FPS.

Looks cool to me, but that is some tall ass grass,

The map and compass look nice though

A bit hard to judge on a pre-alpha but it looks like a fun game and I'll almost certainly pick it up when it comes out.

excellent! it looks like these guys are doing what they did the first time..that being PIONEER! not like so many other wanna b fps's that do fuck all but rehash the same ol overdone crap

love the knife into the leg diggin out the bullet, being on fire and your surroundings playing a huge part in the game

big thumbs up, great link op

0_0 wow! Screw Crysis im putting my money on FarCry 2 :D , looks really nice, love the fire affects and the fact that it shows you medicating yourself, the A.I looks really good too.

At the end...when they were on the glider and the guy was saying this is just 1/50th of the world...oi. I want this game now.

Wow...looks great. Open-ended gameplay, good AI, huge and fully interactive world = a very promising game. If implemented well this game could be great. There's some good, innovative stuff going into this game. I'll definitely be following this one closely. :)

"This game is going to be as real as it gets. So, no more mutants or trigons."

Same haha. I enjoyed far cry up until random giant mutants with repeating rocket launchers got thrown into the mix.

Looks good, a lot like Crysis though. Almost like a Crysis: Africa Wars, lol.

Same haha. I enjoyed far cry up until random giant mutants with repeating rocket launchers got thrown into the mix.

Even the Crytek team hated the mutants/trigons and said it was rushed. The aliens in Crysis looked cool imo. :)

i'm quite surprised that Ubisoft isn't making just another cash-in game, they're actually trying to make it a better game than the original...oddly enough, this game seems to be more fun than Crysis in some ways.

i'm quite surprised that Ubisoft isn't making just another cash-in game, they're actually trying to make it a better game than the original...oddly enough, this game seems to be more fun than Crysis in some ways.

I think Ubi mentioned that they are actually going to work hard on this game to turn around their horrid reputation (in my words, of course). Hopefully this does turn out to be fantastic and is a continued trend for future Ubi games.

Yeah I didn't like the Trigons in FarCry either, but then thats mainly because of the difficulty. In fact most of the enemies in that game were too over powered, even the marines at the start take about 4-5 shots to the chest with an assault rifle to die.

Them little trigons took all your armour or all your health off in one hit which meant that 2 hits and you were dead, and they could pounce huge distances, it was so stupid. I'm pretty damn good at FPS games and the indoors areas in the middle of FarCry just before you get back outside were totaly pathetic.

0_0 wow! Screw Crysis im putting my money on FarCry 2 :D , looks really nice, love the fire affects and the fact that it shows you medicating yourself, the A.I looks really good too.

The self medication is completely fucking retarded. It's not realistic, you would pass out from the pain of ripping a bullet out of your thigh. Not to mention the fact that the bullet would mushroom and fragment, leaving a big gaping open wound in your leg.

The self medication is completely fucking retarded. It's not realistic, you would pass out from the pain of ripping a bullet out of your thigh. Not to mention the fact that the bullet would mushroom and fragment, leaving a big gaping open wound in your leg.

Err...A hollowpoint would mushroom/fragment, but most military forces use standard ball ammo, which holds together pretty well. Still I agree that somebody wouldn't be able to pull a bullet out of themselves and be all better.

Oh here we go with the "totally realistic" argument again. Let's take it to it's logical conclusion, shall we?

1.) Buy $50 game.
2.) Install.
3.) Play
4.) Get shot in the leg. You're wounded and can't move. Another soldier comes over and finishes you off.
5.) You're dead and you can't restart or reinstall. You can't even buy another $50 game. End of gaming.

Joy for totally realistic!

Oh here we go with the "totally realistic" argument again. Let's take it to it's logical conclusion, shall we?

1.) Buy $50 game.
2.) Install.
3.) Play
4.) Get shot in the leg. You're wounded and can't move. Another soldier comes over and finishes you off.
5.) You're dead and you can't restart or reinstall. You can't even buy another $50 game. End of gaming.

Joy for totally realistic!

Isn't that basically what CS was, or Hitman (can't remember for sure about hitman).

I think you might want to re-read the post you quoted.

I guess I should have expanded more on it. I meant more along the lines of you don't get health packs and junk like that. You die and you are just dead...

Back