Individually But Not Together - Why Is Prime Failing?

I had to reset my bios after a mishap with my daughter and every button on my keyboard being pushed at once. I have had nothing but issues trying to get my overclocks back to where I had them , to no avail.
Here's the problem: I can run Prime95 for 22 hours(probably longer - just haven't tried) with no errors as long as I set it to only test the cpu. I can do the same with Memtest86. When I use blend on Prime , it crashes and the comp. restarts within an hour runtime.
Both programs are the latest versions. I even set Prime to priority 10 so that nothing background wise could interfere. Here's the clincher - I'm using stock settings in the bios except for the voltages of the cpu(1.31v) and ram(2.1v). These have been manually set , as default set them quite a bit lower.
So , what to test for next? What do you guys think? My rig is in my sig. Never mind the overclocks shown as I'm now running at stock speeds and most of the bios settings are set to auto. Help me , please.:(

Thanks for replying. Sorry to hear about your similar situation. Did changing ram slots affect anything. I haven't tried that yet but maybe I'll give it a shot tonight. At least you have some clocking that is working for you. I running at stock speeds and voltage and still have issues.:(

Did you try bumping up the northbridge voltage? Sounds like a memory problem, so maybe upping the NB will help stabalize it.

I have the NB still set at default voltage , and strap. Should I set the starp to 266 or leave it? I haven't been able to find any good info on adjusting any voltages but the chip and ram voltages. Any suggestions on some reading , especially pertaining to the "other" voltages? Thanks for replying.

my timing is also set at 5-5-5-15 and everything else is et to auto. The specs for my ram(the EPP) show TRC to be 22 but my bios does not list this value. I also flashed my bios last night so I will try a few things today. I guess I need to try investigating the things that I have been leaving on auto. I also want reiterate that I am at stock settings. The only items I had to change were the multiplier , cpu voltage (set to min. 1.3v) , and manually set the ram timings and voltage to 2.1v. These were set manually as my board didn't set things to the stock levels and chose to go a bit low.

Based on my own experience stabilizing my own rig, the best thing I can recommend is that you try loosening some of the memory timings - try 5-6-6-19 for starters, and then play around with some of those advanced memory timings too. I was very surprised to learn how crucial of a role those secondary timings play in the stability of the machine.

I'm having a similar problem. What's odd is that it's only on the blend option, and it's independant of the OC. If I let the CPU choose everything auto (default) then I still get an error within an hour, yet if I choose large FFTs or Small FFTs, then it runs fine endlessly. It's confusing me. Is it an error in the coding?

Memtest86 is not a reliable memory test. I have had bad modules fail in prime95 but pass Memtest86 similar to what you are experiencing. I think this is a memory problem. If you have two modules try running one at a time.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a few things to try and some reading to do. I'll get back to you.

Back