Insane punisher level......

DavePars7

Limp Gawd
Anyone get to that spot where you come down a skyrail type thing and snipe like 30 guys before they kill you and then the nuclear missle is sitting there and you have to take on the russian while fully armored AK dudes are shooting you and the russian is throwing explodeing barrels that you have to shoot out of his hands and you and if you die you have to start all the way back to the skyrail and it sucks?

Just wanted to say it sucks, I mean challenge is good but COME ON......../sigh.

Run on rant over.

Use the AK guys to replenish your health and/or fill your Slaughter meter.

i kinda thought it was easy, i am playing the game on teh hardest level.....i mean just shoot the barrels and when he jumps down just get him near those the barrels a few times and thats it.....the guys with the AK's have the worst aim in the world.

logan1 said:
i kinda thought it was easy, i am playing the game on teh hardest level.....i mean just shoot the barrels and when he jumps down just get him near those the barrels a few times and thats it.....the guys with the AK's have the worst aim in the world.

AK's were never known for their accuracy. Kalishnikov manufactoured the weapon with sloppy tolerances. This did however allow the gun to function in every environment because sloppy tolerances allowed for dirt. Their are even reports of Vietcong hiding guns underwater for months, comming back to the cache, and the rifle still working. AKs were however know for their stopping power, as they fired comparitively large bullets.

so yeah .... there is your useless fact of the day.

=)

bonkrowave said:
AK's were never known for their accuracy. Kalishnikov manufactoured the weapon with sloppy tolerances. This did however allow the gun to function in every environment because sloppy tolerances allowed for dirt. Their are even reports of Vietcong hiding guns underwater for months, comming back to the cache, and the rifle still working. AKs were however know for their stopping power, as they fired comparitively large bullets.

so yeah .... there is your useless fact of the day.

=)
Not to mention if you got the receiver full of sand or mud or whatever the thing fired through even that.

I was watching a thing on the Military channel where they compared the Kalashnikov and the M16 side by side and the amount of flex in the barrel of the AK was insane. They were saying that your first round might go to its intended target but the second one is generally above it the third is even further above where the second one went and anything after that was anybody's guess as to where they went because the gun has a rediculous rate of climb. Which is why when you see video of the gun being fired the shooter actually "leans" into the gun as he fires it to keep the barrel down and pointed at the target.

Moose777 said:
Not to mention if you got the receiver full of sand or mud or whatever the thing fired through even that.

I was watching a thing on the Military channel where they compared the Kalashnikov and the M16 side by side and the amount of flex in the barrel of the AK was insane. They were saying that your first round might go to its intended target but the second one is generally above it the third is even further above where the second one went and anything after that was anybody's guess as to where they went because the gun has a rediculous rate of climb. Which is why when you see video of the gun being fired the shooter actually "leans" into the gun as he fires it to keep the barrel down and pointed at the target.

Yup that was a huge problem with the AK, the extra stoping power in the bullets meant the gun climbed a lot faster.

The M16 was a technically superiour weapon, on paper, but when it came to real life it failed. M16 had extremly tight tolerances so the gun needed to be cleaned even after firing a clip, this was partly due to the gun powder used for the bullets which was very messy and gumed things up real quick.

There was no environment testing done on the M16 either, were as Kalishnikov did tests such as draging the AK behind trucks in the dirt to make sure it would still fire. The simple wood and steel construction not only cut down on weight, but it also made the gun easier to manufactourer.

Also the barrel and stock on the M16 were ... some sort of fibre glass, I believe, so the M16 would break when used as a melee weapon, whereas the AK was basically a huge friggen club.

mr.fishie said:
thanks for the info guys :)

Sorry Ill try to usher the Pirates away.

You know I keep telling them .... its not right to hijack threads ... but you know pirates ... they never listen.

lol, quite a shift in thread indeed. I was just annoyed after blowing through probably half the game in a night that they actually put a "harder" level in. Truthfully I was just annoyed that I have to start all the way at the skycar level. Oh, and I was also annoyed I couldnt seem to find the split second timeing to blow that barrel up in his hands. I am also on hard, just a rant :p

bonkrowave said:
Sorry Ill try to usher the Pirates away.

You know I keep telling them .... its not right to hijack threads ... but you know pirates ... they never listen.
Sorry if it turned into a semi-history lesson but someone started complaining about the Ak's in the game being inaccurate.

As for me I haven't gotten to that level yet. I'm still trying to figure out these goofy ass controls the game has.

Moose777 said:

I too saw that, very good show.

When I fired an AK i was actualy expecting more of a kick than it gave. And in single shot I actualy found it to be very acurate. But when firing at a faster rate it is very hard to control, even when leaning into it. The funnest part was trying to walk forward while emptying a 40rd mag into the target. It actualy forced me to take a step back.

As for the game, he is single handed firing aks/shotguns so obviously they are not trying to portray a milsim style game. But those guys in the body arm are a pain in the ass. I have not gotten to this part yet but am at the begining of that "level". Cant wait for the russian again, at least time you can use your guns ;)

JEEVES

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
I too saw that, very good show.

When I fired an AK i was actualy expecting more of a kick than it gave. And in single shot I actualy found it to be very acurate. But when firing at a faster rate it is very hard to control, even when leaning into it. The funnest part was trying to walk forward while emptying a 40rd mag into the target. It actualy forced me to take a step back.

As for the game, he is single handed firing aks/shotguns so obviously they are not trying to portray a milsim style game. But those guys in the body arm are a pain in the ass. I have not gotten to this part yet but am at the begining of that "level". Cant wait for the russian again, at least time you can use your guns ;)

JEEVES
I think I came across that level. It's the mission where youa re trying to kill the mother after tearing off Bushwacker's arm right?

Yeah, I opened the door and had the M4 assualt rifle and somehow I put one between the helmet and the neck protector thingy and dropped him with one bullet. Then I got killed by everyone else in the room.

BTW, the Military Channel is my new favorite channel.

Moose777 said:
I think I came across that level. It's the mission where youa re trying to kill the mother after tearing off Bushwacker's arm right?

Yeah, I opened the door and had the M4 assualt rifle and somehow I put one between the helmet and the neck protector thingy and dropped him with one bullet. Then I got killed by everyone else in the room.

BTW, the Military Channel is my new favorite channel.

You have a military channel ? I Assume you are from the US
Too bad Canada does not have one, although if we did it would just be shows about Sea King Helecopters, and Submarines catching fire. :p

bonkrowave said:
You have a military channel ? I Assume you are from the US
Too bad Canada does not have one, although if we did it would just be shows about Sea King Helecopters, and Submarines catching fire. :p

ARRR!!! <Pirating hijacking ahead.>

Devil's Brigade is one of my all time favorite movies!

They can always talk about the Canadian military during WWII, Korea, and whatever else. ;)

The Military Channel is the new name for the old Discovery Wings channel.

</end Pirate Hijacking.>

csims said:
ARRR!!! <Pirating hijacking ahead.>

Devil's Brigade is one of my all time favorite movies!

They can always talk about the Canadian military during WWII, Korea, and whatever else. ;)

The Military Channel is the new name for the old Discovery Wings channel.

</end Pirate Hijacking.>
That's what I thought it was but I wasn't sure. The Discovery Wings Channel sucked IMHO.

Moose777 said:
That's what I thought it was but I wasn't sure. The Discovery Wings Channel sucked IMHO.

Yeah there was only so much you could get out of watching someone else learn how to fly.

/me stops hijacking the thread now.

Back