insanely high mb temp

xdkimx

Limp Gawd
i just got my watercooling done and under load it says my mobo temp is 60c under load :eek: is this ok? theres a lot less airflow in the pc with my watercooling

This happens. I bet the fan on the XP-90 was blowing on it before right? Might have to add a fan in there somewhere just to be safe, especially if you're OCing.

hm ic thanks for ur response, i understand that the part of the mobo the sensors are measuring is the pwm area? if i were to add some bga sinks on it to help cool would that help? cuz i noticed there are also those cylindrical mosfets the sinks probably wouldnt stick onto so im wondering which components on the "pmw area" get the hottest under load

hm adding a fan sounds like a great idea but im sort of limited on space :|

also after increasing the cpu voltage to ~1.47-1.5 pwm temps rose to 64c x_x

the inductors make the most heat, nothing to cool em but air flow, the mosfets can get hot too but most of the time there already cooled with heat sinks, heck the inductors got hot even on athlon-xp

hm i guess ill have to manage a fan on there, wut about the little square shaped things with the R### on them? i noticed on my mobo 3 of those have bga sinks on them while the 3 next to them dont, would it do any good to put sinks on them? im kind of wondering why my mobo manufacturer didnt put sinks there :confused:

i tried putting a fan on there and my temps went to ~55c from ~64c

they dont got sinks on them because they dont get hot, if you feel them and they dont feel hot dont bother the inductors are just iron beads with a coil around them, so treat them as such... its not like there a semiconductor

i put my finger on it and it felt pretty hot to me, couldnt keep it on there for more than a few seconds

xdkimx said:
i put my finger on it and it felt pretty hot to me, couldnt keep it on there for more than a few seconds
thats a lot of power consumption if those mosfets get hot... that doesnt even happen on my prescotts 1.75v.. only thing i can think of is your psu may not be feeding clean current so the mosfets are working extra hard?

i looked at a photo... those are inductors not mosfets i belive... inductors get hot... no way around that but since they got a flat top perhaps you could cool them a bit

ah thanks for ur help, so i guess ill sink those inductors and install a fan blowing over em :)

inductors can get pretty darn hot safely.. so dont be too worried... my prescotts inductors get burning hot as well... except asus put clearance around them so they wouldnt damage nearby components

Back