install windows 10 with 4.8ghz (6600k) pc3200 rd400 ?

T

troyquigley

i am really having troubles getting my new system to install windows 10 without BSODs.

i have:
windows 10 (duh)
6600k @ 4.8ghz
gskill pc3200
ocz rd400

it seems to be a driver issue that is causing the BSODs, but i cannot boot into safe mode. the computer is tooooo fast to use F8.

anyone else having issues with a fast system installing windows 10 ?

i have run memtest multiple times, for hours on end and have zero errors.
when i was finally able to boot into windows long enough, after some bsods. i was able to restart in safe mode. i did not seem to have any problems running in safe mode. i there a way to install a fresh copy of windows 10, and specify which drivers to load on boot ?

I'm gonna make this short, sweet, and simple:

STOP OVERCLOCKING.

Seriously. :)

Get the machine set up at native defaults and speeds and then see about overclocking to whatever degree you want. It doesn't matter what you have been able to accomplish so far, the most basic fact is you're pushing that hardware well past design specs and yes I realize it's a "K" processor which means it can be overclocked (almost sanctioned by Intel, basically) but until you can get things actually working properly then back off everything in terms of overclocking, get it working and then experiment from that point on.

Windows 10 doesn't have or make use of the F8 key to get into Safe Mode, things are done differently now anyway.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Of course the problem is that you have to get Windows 10 actually installed and functional to be able to boot into Safe Mode. Seems kinda ass-backwards doesn't it? :D

STOP OVERCLOCKING.

Seriously. :)

Get the machine set up at native defaults and speeds and then see about overclocking to whatever degree you want. It doesn't matter what you have been able to accomplish so far, the most basic fact is you're pushing that hardware well past design specs and yes I realize it's a "K" processor which means it can be overclocked (almost sanctioned by Intel, basically) but until you can get things actually working properly then back off everything in terms of overclocking, get it working and then experiment from that point on.

that is what i had to do with my g3258. i have to default clock, and then install. then o/c back.

i figured i would not have to do that this time, because i am getting a different bsod.

i guess i will un o/c, install, do all windows updates, then o/c back.

Windows 10 doesn't have or make use of the F8 key to get into Safe Mode, things are done differently now anyway.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Of course the problem is that you have to get Windows 10 actually installed and functional to be able to boot into Safe Mode. Seems kinda ass-backwards doesn't it? :D

I agree, safe mode does not serve a purpose the way it is setup now.

Back