Installed 2nd HDD with 98,it wants to boot

justin_credible

Weaksauce
Noob stuff for most of you but...I installed a second HD that has 98se on it and I made sure I
set the jumpers to slave but when I bootup the system it wants to boot 98se instead of
XPpro..I've checked the bios and it shows the 98HD as "slave" so why does it want boot privledges?

I've got a ton of important files on that HD that I would like to access..mainly settings for my password manager,eudora addresses and old mail and other stuff..I've seen where I can setup a dual boot situaltion with XP but I'd like to be able to access both drives from XP,if it's a matter of boning up on a RTFM thingie..point me in that direction..all imput will be appreciated.

jc

In you bios, its probably set to first boot device "IDE 01" try setting it to "IDE 00" (this is going to depend on your bios.

Thanks for the tip..I'm still trying to figure out the options in this (award bios) that came with this abit ic7..so far it winning all the battles. Maybe I'll have to set it up as a dual boot system but that certainly isn't what I want as noted in my opening post.

Delete %systemroot% on the old 98 drive. That should take care your booting problem real good like. ;)

Back