Installing a Zalman VF9000 on an 8800GT

HRP

n00b
Ok folks.

This Zalman came with 8 heatsinks. The 8800GT has thermal paste applied to the 8 spots around the GPU, and then a few off to the side. I have no heatsinks for those few.

Suggestions?

The 8 spots around the GPU are the memory chips. My 8800GT had...something...not sure...off to the side, but I never put a ramsink on them. Voltage regulators, maybe?

So you put on an aftermarket fan/heatsink on your 8800GT and didn't toss anything on those other things? Is your card running cool, no problems?

I appreciate it :)

yeah, I went with a Cooler Master CoolViva Pro, which has a fan connector that fits the video card's connector. It's running great with just the heatsinks on the RAM.

I had a bitch of a time getting the adhesive tape that came on the RAMsinks to stick, so I ended up peeling that off and bought an Arctic Alumina adhesive instead.

Also I wanted to note that the CoolViva Pro is kind of loud. Let me know how you like the VF900 volume-wise and cooling-wise. I have a moderate OC on my card (RAM at 1GHz instead of 900MHz, core at 650 instead of 600) and the temps are fine, but the volume is a bit much.

Back