Installing New Bon-Zai Mods Fan Grilles

RD

Gawd
Here is my little worklog of installing new fan grilles from the master of insane fan grille mods, Bonzanego. His incredible artwork is handmade and beautiful. Fan grilles are available at www.bonzai-mods.com. Lots of things to look at and read as well in the forums.

So, awhile back I put in an order. I think with Katrina and some new website problems, they finally arrived a bit late. But to make it up, Bonzanego threw in a FREE fan grille which more than made up for it! Wow! Thanks!

Here is the first grille, a 120mm Joker for the heatsink fan. I have a Thermalright XP-120 with a Silverstone FM-121 fan.

grille19em.jpg

You can see how thick it is and what great quality it is made of.

grille22aj.jpg

Here is the second grille, another Joker to create a poker theme for my case. This one is a 80mm fan grille which would be on the top blowhole of the case for added effect:

grille30ff.jpg

Same quality and thickness. You can really see the craftmanship.

grille40vo.jpg

This is the fan grille that Bonzanego threw in for being a bit late on delivery. Man, did I get the better of this deal! Wow, it was perfect for the rear 80mm grille and really made the case perfect!

grille50mp.jpg

Look at how thick it is!

grille63vd.jpg

My plain jane case without any adornments. I needed something to make it shine at LAN parties and the fan grilles would help to make the difference.

grille77at.jpg

ARGHHH! It is so boring looking eh? HELP ME BONZAI-MODS!

grille83wr.jpg

Installing is pretty straight-forward. Get four fan screws and screw them in. One thing, make sure you have fan screws because they arent included. But if your like me, there are about a million of them in your computer parts boxes sitting in the closets. :)

grille94hi.jpg

As you can see, these fan grilles are totally cool!

grille107eg.jpg

Man, lookin good!

grille110fk.jpg

Sweet, they make your case really mod!

grille121uh.jpg

There is no way that a blow hole on top of any computer case in the world couldnt look any cooler than with a bonzai-mod fan grille!

grille136ff.jpg

As you can see, these are some of the leetest mods around. They are eye catching objects of art to adorn that rig of yours that you lovingly put together.

grille147rq.jpg

If your like me, you spend hundreds if not thousands of hard earned dollars every year updating and upgrading your pc rigs. If your like me, you also want to create rigs that just scream at LAN parties and with friends. These fan grilles are not cheap, but then again, are hand crafted works of art ever cheap? Like a Picasso or Van Gogh, you pay to put up something that you will love and cherish for years. Plus, it makes that $10k rig of your bud look like a Hyundai, because everyone at the LAN party or gathering are LOOKING at your case and complimenting you and not him. Worth every cent, eh?

grille151do.jpg

Bonzanego is one of the coolest mod artists around. Check out his stuff and his mods at www.bonzai-mods.com. Thanks!

Peace Out!

No no no, you don't get it. These are Expensive fan grills! HE definatly needs a worklog to show how to install them

meh, nice grills, having the joker w/ cards on the cpu fan seems like it'd block a lot of airflow though.

skudmunky said:
No no no, you don't get it. These are Expensive fan grills! HE definatly needs a worklog to show how to install them

meh, nice grills, having the joker w/ cards on the cpu fan seems like it'd block a lot of airflow though.
i was just thinking the same thing, and i bet it makes your cpu fan alot louder

edit, socket 754 club ownz socket a club ;)

heh, i will take a close up shot of the fan grille on the cpu heatsink when i get home. i spaced it between the fan and grille about 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch to allow airflow - so far i ran about 36' C idle before and still hit the same temps. so it didnt make as much a difference.

otherwise, the grilles do pwn, they're sick. i've seen a whole lotta water/custom/theme rigs at the LANs i go to for the past ten years, and the idea of doing the grilles is pretty unique and easy. they do look sweet!

where did you get that metal video card brace thingy from?

and how did you get the grill on the blow hole on top to stay up there like that?(just out of curiousity)

actually the metal brace comes standard on the XFX 7800GTX card - i had to make sure that i bought a card with it because i love LANs.

the blowhole trick on the coolermaster, hehe. the trick is get a cheapo fan grille, cut out the center leaving the round border with the holes, paint it black (or whatever your case color is), and then screw in your exterior fan grille on the outside through the mod'd grille on the inside of the case and the fan.

the round borders of the two grilles acts to "sandwich" the metal in your case, and hold the fan in place. kinda simple logic and it really works well.

compslckr said:
edit, socket 754 club ownz socket a club ;)

Now, did that really make your e-weenie big enough to counter-act the fact it made you sound noobish? ;)

RD said:
Here is the second grille, another Joker to create a poker theme for my case.

You know you're supposed to take the jokers out of the deck for poker right?

fender said:
well duh, that's why they're in his computer!

case looks nice and clean. grills look cool.

fender said:

Ha thats good one!

I hope this guy gets some $$ for all the praising. Eventho the grills are dope IMO I dont think anyone at a LAN will want his pc over the 10K computer he mentioned.

I hope this guy gets some $$ for all the praising. Eventho the grills are dope IMO I dont think anyone at a LAN will want his pc over the 10K computer he mentioned.

heh, but a XFX 7800GTX running at 490/1325 with an Athlon FX running at 2.8Ghz with 2 GB of DDR at CAS2.5 settings (2.5-3-3-6) and ~220Mhz still is nothing to sneeze at.

i hope to get a matching XFX card in about 3-4 weeks as well for SLI with the wife's permission as well.

Back