Installing SMP Problem

Kazappin

Gawd
I currently don't have a password on my computer, so when trying to install SMP by running the install.bat and i was asked for my password I simply hit enter, and I get the "unable to authenticate with a blank password" message. Is there any way I can install SMP without putting a password on my account? I don't have one on my computer as i usually walk into the room, press the power button, go do something else and come back expecting to be ready to do what I have to do. Just for the sake of convenience.

Thanks!

You have to have a password. Just don't ever shut the computer off and then theres no problem. :D

Hmm... Alright then. One more question though: I'm trying to register for [H]ard|Folding and I'm not really sure where to find my Stats ID #:... I looked at the fh_stats page but didn't see anything...

Hmm... Alright then. One more question though: I'm trying to register for [H]ard|Folding and I'm not really sure where to find my Stats ID #:... I looked at the fh_stats page but didn't see anything...

Have you completed any work?

Add password to your boxen.
Then its Start -> Run -> control userpasswords2.
Make sure your name is highlighted.
Untiick the box "Users must enter ................
Then add your password to next screen.

You will now auto-logon with a password.

Luck ............. :D

Add password to your boxen.
Then its Start -> Run -> control userpasswords2.
Make sure your name is highlighted.
Untiick the box "Users must enter ................
Then add your password to next screen.

You will now auto-logon with a password.

Luck ............. :D

Thanks, I actually found that on the FAH wiki right before this :)

Back