Installing Sound Blaster 24Bit 71

sohcugy

Limp Gawd
I ended up getting the Sound Blaster 24 bit, and to install it I disabled the RealTek through Device Manager, unistalled the Realtek97 software and disabled the onboard sound through BIOS. I installed the card and installed the software, but now when it boots I get no sound and it says that "Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in Configuration. Error code: 8878000A

The computer is a Compaq SR1000Z with Window XP professional on it. It's got an Asus motherboard like A7V8X-LA motherboard. I'm sure I did something dumb, but I'm not sure what it is? What should I check first. I also reinstalled the software and same thing.

BTW, the error message is through Winamp, Window media player just gives no sound.

Nevermind, I got it working. Just did a complete new install and apparently I overlooked something last time. Works great, sounds really good so far win MP3's and my little Yamahas.

i got that card last weekend and it has been unbelievable. make sure you enable EAX in games if you play games that have that option

Back