Installing VMWare Tools on Mac OSX Leopard

I just set up a virtual machine that runs OSX Leopard and as anyone who's done it knows, getting VMWare tools to run properly is difficult if not impossible. However, I ran across something that says all you have to do is install VMWare Fusion and install the Tools that come with that on the VM and it will work. I guess the logic behind this is that although Fusion is made for running a virtual Windows machine inside OSX, the VMWare tools work in the opposite scenario because they still alter host/guest interaction, regardless of which is which.

Does anyone know if this works, or if there's any other real method to get full VMWare Tools support for a virtual OSX machine? From what I've read, full functionality is still not achievable, but will possibly get better with time. Any luck getting this to work?

well I got vmware tools to install on the OS X guest machine...but am still trying to figure out how to get shared folders to work. Additionally, all the stuff that VMware tools involves - better mouse input, screen resolution, etc, doesn't work as far as I can tell. Anyone have experience with this?

I couldn't get OS X to install in a VM, under Fusion, on my actual Macbook. I also could not gt any of the OSx86 "hackintosh" distros to install on a Windows machine, under VMWare workstation (real version, licensed).

I'd love to give this a try. My windows admin would like to have an OS X VM on his Windows machine...and does not want to actually get a Mac. If you can PM me and tell me what your config is, I'd be willing to have a go at fixing the issue, or at least attempting to replicate it.

Back