Instructions For Rolling Your Own Railgun

He could have helped page load times, by resizing the images before uploading them, rather than get his html code to do it. For instance a few of them i looked at are 3648x2736.......yet scalled to 800x600

the ones from 16ft or so don't look as though they hit anything in the video...

rail_gun.jpg

Looks surprisingly similar. :p

http://www.powerlabs.org/railgunprogress.htm

I'm kinda confused. Aluminum projectiles? They wouldn't be an optimum material to influence with magnetic fields. I suspect that most of the kinetic energy is a result of the pressurized air. Sounds like an air rifle that makes pretty sparks.

From the front page all you can see is "Instructions for rolling your own..."

Got me all exicited.

"Rolling your own..." har-har~ how funny :p

I still prefer coilguns over railguns. More efficient, works with more projectiles and tends to not destroy the gun (rails) a bit (or completely) with every shot due to arcing. Plus figuring out the best timing mechanism(s) is a lot of fun :)

hold a large magnet near a spinning aluminum disk and you'll see why he uses aluminum.

compressed air is cheating!!!1one!!

when I was 16 or so I made a coil gun out of a few old school mechanical answering machines with coils. stuck a nail in it, temporarily put 110V on it, and it would stick a nail in the wall.

for some reason I thought this was explain how to built your own gravity gun. G. Ravi -ty

Back