Intel 13900K on Amazon for $409

CookieFactory

Limp Gawd
Still ~$560 on MC and NE so not sure what's going on here. I've been toying with a new build so have been keeping tabs on the 13900k. When I saw this the other day I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger. Tomorrow we'll find out if I receive a real processor or a brick. Fulfilled by Amazon though.

Latest comments on people who purchased that cheap 13900k:

- "Ordered an I-9 13900K CPU and received a foot brace instead.... Like many other reviewers have said here. Scam seller. Always read reviews and make sure it isn't fron a 3rd party. Learned the hard way. Hopefully Amazon makes it right and also shuts this store down."

- "I ordered an Intel Core i9-13900k CPU and received a pair of medical boots for injured feet."

- "Scam seller, sent bogus item instead of CPU"

Now I wonder... Did you pass him the size of your boots? :LOL:
Good luck anyway, but I doubt you'll get a shiny 13900k.

Still ~$560 on MC and NE so not sure what's going on here. I've been toying with a new build so have been keeping tabs on the 13900k. When I saw this the other day I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger. Tomorrow we'll find out if I receive a real processor or a brick. Fulfilled by Amazon though.
Fulfilled by Amazon is not sold by Amazon. Big difference.

Latest comments on people who purchased that cheap 13900k:

- "Ordered an I-9 13900K CPU and received a foot brace instead.... Like many other reviewers have said here. Scam seller. Always read reviews and make sure it isn't fron a 3rd party. Learned the hard way. Hopefully Amazon makes it right and also shuts this store down."

- "I ordered an Intel Core i9-13900k CPU and received a pair of medical boots for injured feet."

- "Scam seller, sent bogus item instead of CPU"

Now I wonder... Did you pass him the size of your boots? :LOL:
Good luck anyway, but I doubt you'll get a shiny 13900k.

Hilarious review.... Guy still has an awesome sense of humor even though he got scammed...

Here is the scammers info from amazon... A few clicks could have saved a lot of inconvenience...

1688474651925.png

Last edited:
Fulfilled by Amazon is not sold by Amazon. Big difference.
There shouldn't be - Amazon mixes inventory.

So if you're ordering a SKU from Billy Bob's CPU Shack or Amazon itself, it doesn't make a difference as long as Amazon is shipping it.

The difference is when something is sold and shipped by somebody other than Amazon.

I order far more with Amazon than I'm comfortable admitting aloud, and have never been burned by Sold:Shipped.

There shouldn't be - Amazon mixes inventory.

So if you're ordering a SKU from Billy Bob's CPU Shack or Amazon itself, it doesn't make a difference as long as Amazon is shipping it.

The difference is when something is sold and shipped by somebody other than Amazon.

I order far more with Amazon than I'm comfortable admitting aloud, and have never been burned by Sold:Shipped.
Maybe thats what I was trying to say but failed to convey. Sold and shipped by amazon, I have never been unsatisfied. I absolutely avoid buying from amazon any other way.

An update - to no surprise of many I received some knee braces instead of a CPU. Another point for the old adage, "If it's too good to be true..."
Yeesh... I really wonder how this happens with Amazon picking, packing and shipping the product with UPC scanning and such.

Yeesh... I really wonder how this happens with Amazon picking, packing and shipping the product with UPC scanning and such.

Simple. The "13900k" that the seller is selling is tagged in Amazon's system as a foot brace. Customer places order for 13900k from shady seller, and Amazon ships the foot brace tied to that listing. Nobody checks to see if it is legit. Amazon eats the return or whatever. Prime goes up in price over time due to shady sellers and their returns.

PSA: Don't order something that clearly is too good to be true. Yes, you will probably be refunded, but you cost time and money and make the rest of us pay for your stupidity.

Simple. The "13900k" that the seller is selling is tagged in Amazon's system as a foot brace. Customer places order for 13900k from shady seller, and Amazon ships the foot brace tied to that listing. Nobody checks to see if it is legit. Amazon eats the return or whatever. Prime goes up in price over time due to shady sellers and their returns.

PSA: Don't order something that clearly is too good to be true. Yes, you will probably be refunded, but you cost time and money and make the rest of us pay for your stupidity.
...except, as I already pointed out, Amazon mixes inventory.

...except, as I already pointed out, Amazon mixes inventory.
Items don't have to be currently in Amazon's inventory to be fulfilled by Amazon. The seller can also just bring items into Amazon to have them handle the shipping and delivery, which is probably what this seller is doing.

An update - to no surprise of many I received some knee braces instead of a CPU. Another point for the old adage, "If it's too good to be true..."
This is 100% the case, particularly for electronics which tend to be agency priced, meaning the manufacturer sets the retail price so everyone has to sell for the same amount. Intel is not giving some special deal to some shady Amazon dealer. There's also no knockoffs, it isn't like a bag or t-shirt or something that someone can make an unlicensed version and sell for cheaper, only Intel has the capability to make their CPUs.

Back