Intel 2004 Purchase Program

smileyhead said:
I received the BBY e-mail too. They say they are working with Best Buy Corporate to get us verified. It doesn't surprise me that Corporate would do something like this. I think they're looking for some kick back.

I got the same E-mail...
Corp is about 7 miles due North of my Best Buy (008) and i am about 5 minutes from going up there and raising hell

or calling one of the Employee lines and raising hell, this sucks, what basterds, JUST VERIFY US FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

/rant, kinda

I talked to my Intel rep and he said they (Intel) doesn't give him the option to verify peoples employment :rolleyes:

sucks...
/rant, no really thats the end of the rant

i orderd an AMD system at there Tech tour 2 weeks ago and its already here, too bad it's for my brother so i can't play with it :(

Not about to buy a PCI-Express vid card and DDR2, and selling the mobo might not be too easy. I had to pass on this.

I posted a while back in this same topic about any extra bundles that someone may have. I'm still without a computer for my wife as people sent me some good deals but weren't in the price range or weren't what i was looking for. If you got a bundle and would consider selling it please PM me or email me at [email protected]. I'm not looking to pay out the wazoo for this because i have a young child who is taking up all my money! :p I would be happy to look at other offers.

Zyk said:
Anyway to retrieve your code if you accidently deleted it?

Oh snap I just realized that my code was sitting in outlook and I just reformatted.

whoops

AthlonXP said:
wooohoo got my code!!!!

me too!! had to fax my paystub in, because they said they couldn't verify my employment

faxed it yesterday, got the code today (and I actually work in the pharmacy, not the computer dept :D )

now, to sell the old 478 setup and keep this, or sell this and go amd s939?

Got my code from BB too, intel says it shipped today. Dunno what to do with it yet, use it or sell it, finally a real copy of windows xp!

hey, I have posted several time i would be interested in this bundle if someone could get one that does not want it.

I work for BB, had 8K points just got my code and ordered...will go nice with the amd64 i just got from the amd EPP.

NewShockerGuy said:
Got my bundle today.

w00t w00t!

It only took like 10+ weeks... arg!

Still happy though.

-Nigel

<-- Spent the extra $5 for 2nd day air delivery...Well worth it ;)

Hey guys, been readin a while, just now registered.

Anyways, about the topic:

I got lucky- my friend is a retailer and "hired" me for his company, so I got to go to the ICC and got the 530 and 915GAGL. Man, they treat these people so nice. When we first arrived they gave us a bag with a clipboard, pen, list of days activities, pages so we could take notes, the coupon for the deal, and then they let us go. There is breakfast on the way on, bagels, muffins, croissants, fruit, coffee, softdrinks.So we get started there are all of these main retailers (ABIT, Foxconn, Seagate, Fujitsu and more.) Well, after a while they tell you it's time for the first conference, call you in and start drawing random tickets to give out free prizes (motherboards, processors, cases) and then continue on with the lecture. after the first 2 lectures and about 15 prizes we got to go back to the retailers (who were all handing out free stuff, though the retractible network cable from Linksys was the best). Next they gave us lunch- it was a long buffet with lots of choices deserts drinks and all sorts of stuff. Then they call us back in for conferences, give out more prizes, microsoft talks to us, then the main retailers that i mentioned earlier started giving out prizes. They finish giving out prizes, we pack up all the free stuff samples and stuff. Turn in the sheet for review and they give us a little bunnyman (special hyperthreading version), and send us on our way.

Right now I'm sitting here looking at a 915GAGL, 530 (total cost of 204 after shipping, i actually received it about a day after the original post here), sitting next to the 50 dollar black friday hard drive from office max, minus the 10 dollar coupon I got in the mail, for a total of 40 dollars AMIR. Just picked up memory from fry's on sale.

Summary: Intel is awesome, all of us got a great deal and can't wait til next year , eh?

honestly the cost of this is good but like me i will be building from scratch, I rather just build an athlon 3500+ setup and still spend about the same ammount of money. I got the coupon and I am just contiplating on buying it or just giving it away to someone.

i will mention that i got my code about a week or so ago and couldnt order it till saturday at 1am after getting paid friday...

got second day air...and noticed that it shipped out sunday morning. Says package is 8 pounds...is that the normal weight? seems kinda scrawny to me...

thats about right, with all the packaging and stuff....

btw what do you guys recommend for memory for the mobo that comes w/ the bundle

im not looking at a new mobo, i dont mind having ddr2/pcie just curious what you would recommend in terms of ddr2 memory (looking for about 1gb....preferablly 2x512 for dual channel)

ive seen this and i can get it for about 340 dollars...what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-535&depa=0

thanks alot in advance for the advice!

Got my bundle today. I will probably swap out the board for now with an abit 915 based board because I have no intentions of buying ddr2 right now for what it costs.

Also why does intel still do 10/100 when most other boards now come with gigabit ethernet. Another reason for selling this.

Unfortunatly it looks alot of people put their bundles up on ebay and are flooding the supply of these which is driving the price down so I will probably have to find someone local to sell it to so i can break even on the new board.

i am looking for this combo.........

got in on the xp3200+ deal but i no longer work at BB

anyone want to share the love??

smartmoney said:
i am looking for this combo.........

got in on the xp3200+ deal but i no longer work at BB

anyone want to share the love??
If you pay me you can have my code...

moosenuts said:
anybody else still not gotten their code?

My co-worker has not, but he has a Yahoo Email account with the spam filter on delete spam ASAP, so i think it got eaten by the spam filter

Email Intel about it (or use the little internal talk to Intel thing in retail edge)

Back