Intel 80 Gb SSD and Seagate 1.5Tb 5900 RPM $242 + tax @ Bestbuy B&M

Krypton

Supreme [H]ardness
The other day I picked up an Intel X25 80 Gb mainstream drive for $199 that comes with a $30 gift card. At my local bestbuy, they have the 1.5 tb Seagate 5900 rpm on clearance for ~$72 new unopened box. This pans out to $242 + tax which is not bad. I also had a 10% off coupon I was able to apply to the X25 for another $20 off, but they would not let me apply another 10% off coupon to the Seagate 1.5 tb.

So I got the Intel 80gb SSD for $179 + tax = $194.84 and a $30 in store gift card, so I bought the 1.5 tb seagate for $72 + tax = $77.94 - $30 gift card = $47.94.

Total out of pocket for me was $242.78... :D

Last edited:
Pretty nice. I've got a GC and rewards points coupon to use up. I'll have to check this out.
That picture though...WTF?

Jesus, clean the sand out of your vaginas.

I seriously doubt he means for it to be racist.

I might have to pick up another SSD now

I was going to say lighten up about the picture...then I looked at the file name...Stereotype-Jew.gif...Wow take that somewhere else.

Ok.. picture removed..

Was not meant to be 'racist' as I am quite "Jewish" ...

So please guys, back on topic..

You can get an Intel X25V 80gb for $179 + tax and receive a $30 BB gift card... buy the Seagate or not, this is a pretty hot deal.

How did you get the 10% off coupon? Cause if we didn't get the drive, doesn't help much haha. The $30 gift card with it is pretty good though.

10% off from a Movers pack from the Post Office.. This was a legimate move for someone in my family..

great, now the rest of us are wondering what all the fuss was about...

Might not have meant for it to be racist, but it is. Pretty poor taste.

It's only racist if you are sensitive and make it racist.

As for the NSFW comment - I am at work and several people saw it and nobody thought it was racist or unsafe. Some of you need a xanax.

Nice! I just moved and have one of those in the car, didn't know they had coupons haha. Thanks OP!!

You can get an Intel X25V 80gb for $179 + tax and receive a $30 BB gift card... buy the Seagate or not, this is a pretty hot deal.

Was the drive at your BB a V or an M? I bought 2 of these a couple weeks ago on this deal and they were M drives.

It's only racist if you are sensitive and make it racist.

As for the NSFW comment - I am at work and several people saw it and nobody thought it was racist or unsafe. Some of you need a xanax.

no shit, "ricer" or "rice rocket" is okay here and a picture of a greedy old man rubbing his hands together isn't...? Jeebus...and yeah, that's exactly what I saw, my guess is that people right clicked on the pic and saw the name, thus the reactions...

:rolleyes:

wol-va-rine said:
no shit, "ricer" or "rice rocket" is okay here and a picture of a greedy old man rubbing his hands together isn't...? Jeebus...and yeah, that's exactly what I saw, my guess is that people right clicked on the pic and saw the name, thus the reactions...

Glad I missed the photo there - although now I'm curious what it was.

As far as the rice-rocket thing... I never thought it was a really racist comment, or at least never was to me since to me it implies anyone who drives a souped up Honda that can't even outrun my Jeep 4x4 - whatever their color.

BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH

The other day I picked up an Intel X25 80 Gb mainstream drive for $199 that comes with a $30 gift card. At my local bestbuy, they have the 1.5 tb Seagate 5900 rpm on clearance for ~$72 new unopened box. This pans out to $242 + tax which is not bad. I also had a 10% off coupon I was able to apply to the X25 for another $20 off, but they would not let me apply another 10% off coupon to the Seagate 1.5 tb.

So I got the Intel 80gb SSD for $179 + tax = $194.84 and a $30 in store gift card, so I bought the 1.5 tb seagate for $72 + tax = $77.94 - $30 gift card = $47.94.

Total out of pocket for me was $242.78... :D

Could you please post the SKU code for the Seagate drive?

$180 after the 10% coupon is the best deal I've seen on this drive yet. The $30 gift card just makes it sweeter, essentially bringing the price down to $150. GC is good for a gift for someone even if you never plan to buy another thing at Best Buy again.

I'm tempted to hop on this deal, but think I'm going to hold out for the Q4 refresh and get the new 25nm 160 GB if the price is at all reasonable. I'm really not using my desktop much right now which is where this would go.

return policy...? not really anything else I would want to use the GC on, so I wonder if you could buy it, get the gift card, then return it right then and there, go pick up another one and use the 10% off coupon and the $30 GC towards it...? that would be cool, getting it for $150, essentially 25% off the price...

I wonder if can go to the store and pick this up instead of ordering online and get the gift card right there in the store.

Last edited:
He said "the other day" so I was unsure if he ordered it online, then used his gift card at the store.

Much better drives are out, 70mb reads.... That's pretty bad

Don't always believe the rated speeds for real world performance.

These are also consume quite a bit less power than other SSDs.

Intel SSD's always top the charts in real world performance... 4k writes and reads are really good. Some of the newest sandforce SSD's might have better performance on a few benchmarks, but overall, this drive keeps up with em in real world.

also if you read the coupon, the 10% says that you cannot use it on in-store pickup items, which just blows. I only have like 2 Bestbuys in my area that have em and there are 25+ miles away and I do not want to go there and find out they are not in stock. Don't if I should go or not.

also if you read the coupon, the 10% says that you cannot use it on in-store pickup items, which just blows. I only have like 2 Bestbuys in my area that have em and there are 25+ miles away and I do not want to go there and find out they are not in stock. Don't if I should go or not.

call and ask if they have it in stock, if they do tell them to hold it for you...?

picked one up earlier and could not combine the gift card 'offer' and the coupon. they told me to chose the 10% or the $30.

I bought it anyways but I'm going to return and rebuy at a different bestbuy and see what happens. Has anyone else picked this up other then the op?

picked one up earlier and could not combine the gift card 'offer' and the coupon. they told me to chose the 10% or the $30.

I bought it anyways but I'm going to return and rebuy at a different bestbuy and see what happens. Has anyone else picked this up other then the op?

same as you - took in a reward zone silver coupon I got the other day and was told I could use it or get the $30 card, not both. I've NEVER been able to use a coupon on anything on sale like some report doing. Just won't go through, register stops it.

Or you could use the $30 gift card and get half off one HDMI cable :D

Seriously, don't want to give BB any more business than I absolutely have to.

Back