Intel AC450NX

braidman

Gawd
I wasnt sure what forum to put this in so I decided to locate in the one most likely to have personal experience with it....

I was recently riding down the road and saw a huge chunk of metal by the curb in front of a house. I stopped backed up and got out and the angels sang....

There was a 7U (or so) rackmount server sitting there. Once I got it home and did some digging I found out it was an intel AC450NX, and I found the manual here. With Quad Pentium II Xeons and up to 4 gig of ram, everything hot swappable....

But none of that stuff was present, just the case and the mb and two power supplies, no power cord, no hd's, no memory, no processors, even the VRM? boards are missing.

So I dont have any money to outfit this thing, nor do I have money to pay for the 1kilowatt or electricty it sucks down.

So I gave it to my friend bryan.

While I was researching it I got very nervous cause it lists needing a 240V source, which bryan wouldnt have (or me or my cousin), but after some reading in the manual I found a section about a jumper you can change to make it take 120V.

So today my friend bryan calls up and tells me it wont take anything but 240v input. I am rather convinced he is wrong. So I either need to have 4 ppl look at the manual and tell me I'm not crazy and Yes the power supplies we have will take 120V.

Or I need someone who's worked on this server before and knows from experience to tell me what's up.

The jumper I speak of, is located in the powers systems portion of the manual.

Thanks

Back