Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swear I just saw on anandtech that the list price was $999, but if you wanna be first, it's always expensive.

Does anyone know what kind of HSF this processor comes with? I hope it's better than the cheap one I got with my socket 775 P4.

Azkarr said:
Does anyone know what kind of HSF this processor comes with? I hope it's better than the cheap one I got with my socket 775 P4.

Someone on another forum that bought one posted pics of it, and it looked VERY weak, and apparently performed horribly as well.

I do think they should at least include a decent heatsink with something that expensive though.

*edit* - went beyond the question.

uh huh

edit: bah! internet is slow tonight

Nope, no other chips have been out thus far.

Venos said:
Someone on another forum that bought one posted pics of it, and it looked VERY weak, and apparently performed horribly as well.

I do think they should at least include a decent heatsink with something that expensive though.

edit* - went beyond the question.

you got your hater blockers on? :p

Oh4Sh0 said:

that guy is a bigger amd f@nb0y then me.

i wonder how much i have to donate to forums to have my name changed to intel fo sho

I only clicked to see how much they were gouging by. It was pretty ridiculous when other sites were charging $1140-$1200 earlier in the week but this takes the cake.

I knew newegg wouldn't disappoint :D

Oh4Sh0 said:

Nah, I had just finished reading another thread before this one (on another forum at that) about a cheap heatsink recommendation for conroes and got confused. This is my last work shift for the week and I'm goin crazy...

While I understand the law of supply and demand, I have made my last purchase at newegg. $1360 for a CPU that should be at $999 is overboard. I'm not faulting for them trying to make money, But a 36% markup on a CPU on its release is bullshit. They know that and they know that the early adopters will pay it.

Flame suit on

My 2 year old daughter will love this, thank you. Been trying to get Dora the Explorer flash game to work on her X2 4400+ and I've given up, hopefully this CPU has the horsepower to get those games going. When it comes in, I think the ol' X2 could do some folding.

Alchemic said:
My 2 year old daughter will love this, thank you. Been trying to get Dora the Explorer flash game to work on her X2 4400+ and I've given up, hopefully this CPU has the horsepower to get those games going. When it comes in, I think the ol' X2 could do some folding.

:eek:

:(

Umm, what about the Motherboards how much they costs and which ones are available?

Alchemic said:

That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have read on any forum in a long time! :D :D :D

Alchemic said:
that game runs fine on my PC. I only have an opty 165. Maybe you need to upgrade your video card drivers?haha joke - funny

drizzt81 said:
that game runs fine on my PC. I only have an opty 165. Maybe you need to upgrade your video card drivers?haha joke - funny
His comment was sarcastic.

That was way over your head.... nevermind, just saw that you ghosted in some words.

Who cares if they mark it up? The intelligent people always wait anyway.

This is the farthest thing from a [H]otDeal. Wonder how long til this thread is locked/moved....

You'd have to be basically retarded to buy the x6800 over the Core 2 Duo E6700 anyway.... $530 compared to $1,300 - and negligible performance differences.

NoZoL said:
This is the farthest thing from a [H]otDeal. Wonder how long til this thread is locked/moved....

You'd have to be basically retarded to buy the x6800 over the Core 2 Duo E6700 anyway.... $530 compared to $1,300 - and negligible performance differences.

I would go for the $319 E6600 myself, that seems to be the "Sweet Spot" Chip for me. You get that 4mb Cache its only 266mhz slower than the E6700.

I Purchased my X2 3800 for more than that a bit over a year ago and the E6600 totally destroys it performance wise.. (Ofcourse that is the nature of things). Almost wished I would have waited, but hey, $600 will get you a nice Core 2 Duo CPU, Board and Memory, Not bad at all.

Anyways, Its only a "Hot Deal" due to the fact that they are in stock. (Well ... Were..)

Don't call me a forum Nazi, but I absolutely despise when any product makes the
[H]otdeals thread just because it's in stock. I might as well post this year's Enzo Ferrari - I mean, someone has that in stock, right?

Ok, bad example, but you get the point. Grrr!

Well I knew it was priced over retail but I have seen it at $1500 on other sites and people were buying them at that price so I wanted to point out a slightly better one. I also was shocked to see them in stock and for sale at any price on the egg.

I don’t have any intentions of buying one even at retail price. I am waiting on the $300 4mb per core ship. E6600 or whatever it is. If the thread gets locked then so be it. They are sold out now anyway.

Scatch that. I am just going to close this since it's gone from the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back