Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz LGA 1155 OEM Processor $139.99 + Shipping

For the record, it seems to be a flat shipping rate.

$145.98 shipped.

Not bad, not as good as the $99 deal before thanksgiving, but still good none the less.

Ew.. OEM/tray CPU.

You can't warranty it with Intel and if it dies after a year you're SOL.

When is the last time a modern CPU died on you? If it works out of the box it will work for 10 years without any problems.

A few actually but it wasn't because of overclocking. My RMA'd MSI P67 board killed a few of my CPUs last year. :mad:

I went through two bad 8120's and latter on two bad 8150's, so CPUs can still be bad, but I haven't encountered this with Intel.

Also, can't buy this because it's unable to verify billing address for some bizzare reasone.

I personally find this pretty damn hot & tasty (that's what she said!) because it's not a B&M/order-online-for-in-store-pickup-BS deal. For us sorry bastards with no MC near us (FL, sniff sniff), these rare deals are nice.

Hey MC, yeah you, you hear me? Put a freakin' store down here in NW FL already! :mad:

They doing any motherboard combos with this? Can't really tell from the ad.

Mine was just cancelled.

Weird. They still show as available online, and I have enough money in my account.

Same problem here....bet it was supposed to be an in store deal only...been trying for two hours on the phone to get an answer...oh well c'est la vie :rolleyes:

I just submitted a price match request to NCIX. It'll probably get shot down, but it's worth a try.

Edit: My order at NCIX just shipped at $158 including CA tax and $8 shipping. Didn't think it was going to go through.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a good deal on a Non-K i5? I want to upgrade to an i5 but don't want the K-Series.

I went through two bad 8120's and latter on two bad 8150's, so CPUs can still be bad, but I haven't encountered this with Intel.

I said it before, and I will say it again, you DID NOT get 4 bad CPUs in a row..It was either something you were doing wrong (static, etc) or another piece of defective hardware..You have a better chance of being hit by lighting then get 4 dead CPUs in this day and age of QC :rolleyes:...

This is a great deal for anyone needing a cheap, kick ass quad core that will o/c like a beast..I may be near the Towson, MD store next week. If so, I will update this post and will pick up a cpu for anyone that wants one, assuming they still have them on sale.

How does one deduce that it's actually the mobo killing the CPUs?

I sold the board to someone else, he couldn't get it to work, then I tried.. same thing. Then when I went to go put the CPU I had just tested in another, working rig, it wouldn't boot. Tried a different CPU that I didn't test from that non-functional board, and it booted fine.

I guess it helps to have plenty of computer parts on hand. :D

When is the last time a modern CPU died on you? If it works out of the box it will work for 10 years without any problems.
My friend's cpu died after only one to two years of operation (no overclocking), it was an Intel core 2 quad. At first I thought it was the psu; tested that, it was fine, then I checked the motherboard and figured it wasn't working because we had no post, so we sent that in to the manufacture and they replaced a few components and the same problem happened; no post, black screen. After that, we called intel and found out it was the cpu and they replaced it for free. That's the only modern cpu I've seen die so far.

I said it before, and I will say it again, you DID NOT get 4 bad CPUs in a row..It was either something you were doing wrong (static, etc) or another piece of defective hardware..You have a better chance of being hit by lighting then get 4 dead CPUs in this day and age of QC :rolleyes:...

This is a great deal for anyone needing a cheap, kick ass quad core that will o/c like a beast..I may be near the Towson, MD store next week. If so, I will update this post and will pick up a cpu for anyone that wants one, assuming they still have them on sale.

Yep, I hate hearing him post this shit. Saw this in the amd forums awhile back and everyone was trying to help him to no avail.

but on topic: wanted to drive from Indy to Cincinnati to pick this up for my sons new build but had to work , they had 9 in stock :mad:

I have a hard time believing that one person could end up with FOUR bad processors in the space of months or even a couple of years. Its not impossible, just so improbable that I would suspect either user error or some other malfunctioning hardware to be a much more reasonable explanation.

I have a hard time believing that one person could end up with FOUR bad processors in the space of months or even a couple of years. Its not impossible, just so improbable that I would suspect either user error or some other malfunctioning hardware to be a much more reasonable explanation.

Imagine living it. I'm still gun-shy on AMD anything since that incident. And they were two different incidents. I got the 8120 on Bulldozer launch and both were bad, tested on several motherboards. Then about 5 months ago I got an 8150, and had the same issue. The issue was always one or two cores failing on stress tests.

I just submitted a price match request to NCIX. It'll probably get shot down, but it's worth a try.

Edit: My order at NCIX just shipped at $158 including CA tax and $8 shipping. Didn't think it was going to go through.
So I got my 2500k in yesterday. NCIX ended up price matching the retail CPU to the OEM from Microcenter. Like I said, I didn't think they would, but I'm glad they did. Should be a nice match to the EVGA Z68 FTW I got for $60 a little over a month ago. Just need to find a good deal on RAM now.

if anyone got an extra one or one they could sell for a similar deal, please hit me up! no microcenter around here...this would be awesome for my parents new pc.

Every time I see a deal from MC I want to kick my dog... good thing I don't have a dog! :D

Well....after having Microcenter decide to CANCEL my order twice, 5 phone calls(most of the phone reps were rude and either incompetent or liars) and $290 that's just sitting in limbo between my bank and Microcenter....I got my 2500k...I ordered this the day this was posted....and got it today....Microcenter Online....never again!!!! I may give a brick and mortar a shot (if they ever smarten up and open one in CT!).

The little chip is humming along happily in my media pc...

It's showing $149.99 not at my local store, when I bought my 3570k they didn't have a single 2500k in the store or I would of jumped on it and saved myself $20

Back