Intel Core i5-2550k 3.4ghz LGA 1155 Processor $150AC @ Microcenter

Retsam

2[H]4U
Well here is one of Microcenters cycling coupon deals again.

They got the Intel i5-2550k 3.4ghz LGA 1155 processor for $150 after a facebook coupon. *Note: This is the i5-2550k, this has IGP disabled but 100mhz higher clock speed over the 2500k.*

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0384721

Facebook coupon: http://www.facebook.com/MicroCenter?sk=app_263996086966257

Enjoy. Good for those in need of only a processor and with Microcenter near them.
razz.png

I rather just do the 2500k + $50 mobo credit deal, but that's just me.

Well it depends, MC mobo selection isn't as big as some other retailers and usually you can find it a tiny bit cheaper (along with no sales tax) elsewhere which basically evens it out.

I got one of these last time they ran this special. Microcenter had an open box P67A-UD4 i picked up for like $40 with it. It clocked to 4.8 on a CM 212+. I'm pretty sure it would make it to 5 but would need high 1.4xs or low 1.5x

Easy 5.0 Ghz?

That depends on the chip, like it always has. The 2550k is a 2500k with the iGPU disabled, many people think with it disabled it will OC better, however I agree with many others who think these are lesser binned 2500k's with bad iGPU's and they found a way to sell them. You also lose quick sync with the 2550k over the 2500k. The 0.1GHz of the 2550k over the 2500k at stock means nothing to OCers, it's still the luck of the draw if it will OC well and you lose the iGPU, and as such as I said quick sync, and if you ever have to RMA your GPU etc, with the 2500k you don't need another card, you can just use the iGPU.

As far as MC mobo's, they have enough choices and some good OCers. I got the P8Z68-V Pro for $150, far cheaper than anywhere else.

igpu makes no difference if you're planning on going p67 anyway. quicksync work on p67?

:( I wish I would of seen this earlier I was just at a MC today. Sadly, it's a 3hr drive one way, so I won't be going back anytime soon.

The closest Microcenter I have is in Tustin-- a 30 to 45 min. drive (with no traffic via the 91 and 55), IF I'm lucky.

The closest Microcenter I have is in Tustin-- a 30 to 45 min. drive (with no traffic via the 91 and 55), IF I'm lucky.

Hey man, Tusin is same MC I go to and I have over an hour drive there. 30-45 min is nothin. :p

heard its expired anyone confirm?

UPDATE: i know its in store. but ppl are saying that you can no longer print the coupon therefore NO DEAL. source ppl on OCN

nvm I just checked... deal is indeed dead. it was a one day sale i guess... so pointless making it a coupon deal.

Last edited:
printed mine yesterday and the coupon says good til April 1. Went and picked it up stuck it in a ASrock E4gen3. Runs 12c cooler than my 2500k at full load and reaches 5ghz @1.3v. I bet it could do 4.5 safely with the stock cooler. For 150 bucks!! :eek:

This has no quicksync iirc as there is no iGPU, for the person who asked above.

You were able to print it? Tried a couple of days ago and it says the deals dead.

I did have trouble printing it through a shared printer, but I moved over to the pc the printer was attached to and it printed no problem. That was Friday at about 2ish here in DFW.

is the deal dead now? any way i could get my hands on the coupon? I clicked the link on the 1st page and it brings me to a different deal on a hard drive. i thought it was active until april 1st

is the deal dead now? any way i could get my hands on the coupon? I clicked the link on the 1st page and it brings me to a different deal on a hard drive. i thought it was active until april 1st

Yeah I was gonna pick one up at MC yesterday too....ugh.

Microcenter is the king of cheap cpu deals. I got my 2500k there for like 160, back when the egg and tgd had them at like 230 both.

Microcenter is the king of cheap cpu deals. I got my 2500k there for like 160, back when the egg and tgd had them at like 230 both.
Ye, good to know how many fees and shit these companies charge. Pity there is no microcenter in the EU would love to buy from them.

Back