Intel Core i7-4770K / BIOSTAR Z87X 3D overclocking issue

Sc0ttFern

Gawd
I just put together my Haswell rig with a BIOSTAR Z87X 3D motherboard and a i7 4470k and I've set the voltage and the multiplier to 45 and it shows 4.5Ghz in the bios but as soon as I get into Windows 8 and open up CPU-Z it shows stock 3.5Ghz and I have no idea why my settings aren't being reflected once I log into Windows. Any ideas?

It's there..go to manual or something..all cores..per core..something like that.

There is nothing there, but I did just notice it went to 4.5Ghz for a split second and then came down to 3.5Ghz so its like the multiplier isn't locked in for some reason.....I have a feeling its related to Win8 power scheme and ability to change the cpu speed for power savings.

o..Put it on high performance in power options?

I still think it's up there @ the top with that turbo stuff..maybe turn turbo off
disable c1e..etc..

That was it. I had to set my power options to high performance. I've never seen that before until Haswell with Win8. Annoying that the OS thinks it knows the right CPU level makes things all choppy when it tunes it down when it thinks its idle. Weird.

Back