Intel employee purchases

Korgun

Supreme [H]ardness
I went to visit my cousin who is an engineer of some sort at intel and apparently she can get a nice discount for family members on the core 2 duos. The prices were around 40-50% less than retail for processors. I was torn between the choices but I ordered an E6700 for 295.32 after shipping & tax. Surprisingly the only motherboard their site sold was BOXDP965LTCK and it cost around 15 bucks more than newegg.

The only down side is their site said the orders are preorders for september delivery :(

The point of this thread? If you happen to have an intel employee for a friend/family member, ask them if you can use their discount :)

Korgun said:
I went to visit my cousin who is an engineer of some sort at intel and apparently she can get a nice discount for family members on the core 2 duos. The prices were around 40-50% less than retail for processors. I was torn between the choices but I ordered an E6700 for 295.32 after shipping & tax. Surprisingly the only motherboard their site sold was BOXDP965LTCK and it cost around 15 bucks more than newegg.

The only down side is their site said the orders are preorders for september delivery :(

The point of this thread? If you happen to have an intel employee for a friend/family member, ask them if you can use their discount :)

Lucky bugger... ;)

Enjoy the new CPU!

Please take no offense to my reply, but if I had a friend/family member that worked for intel, MY VERY FIRST MOVE would be to ask them anyways ;)

Yea... the x6800 through Intel is less that 5 bills. Pretty killer if you are buying hardware.

Only drawback is it could be a while before you get them. My guess is end of Aug, early Sep, though who knows you may get lucky.

Program also only allows employees to purchase one of each type of processor. So if leaning on an employee friend, keep that in mind.

Einhanderkiller said:
Anybody want to help me get a E6600 at a discount?
I'm a friend, right?
;)

You n00bs aren't very good at this.

I'll buy someone a 6400 through the EPP, if they let me buy an x6800. Still works out great for me. ;)

So yeah, seriously... If anyone on here is an Intel employee, I'll GIVE YOU an E6400, for the privalege of buying an x6800 through you ;)

My roomate's GF works for Intel. She has no interest in CPUs.. nor does he.

X6800 for < $500 coming my way.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :cool:

Back