Intel i7 920 OMG!!! $169.99!!!

Nice price - NewEggers is showing $280. Too bad the MC near me has none. Cincinnati shows 20, but I ain't drivin' 4 hours to get one.

god damnit! I need a MC near me...

even if I don't need the cpu, there always ebay for profit. :p

Paterson NJ is OOS of the 920 but has plenty of 930s in stock.

Also, there is only 3.5% sales tax at that Microcenter because it is in a UEZ, urban enterprise zone.

Clearing the stock to be eol'd and making way for the 930? Wonder if the 930 will remain at that price point or go back up. Pretty wicked deals on either of them.

Out of Stock
at Northern Virginia/Fairfax

I bought two of them up there about a month ago at $200 each, and they're sweet chips. I have both running 24/7 at 4Ghz crunching data. Good luck finding them now, though. Let's hope the 930 is as nice of an OC'er as the 920's were.

[H]ugh_Freak;1035530518 said:
Just ordered the last one at the Overland Park/KC store. Sorry. :D

bastard ! ;) I was gonna drive down Friday and pick one up .......

OP Microcenter is only like 65 miles from me.

wish i had a microcenter near me. i'm stuck on last gen intel. oh well still serves it's purpose.

Hopefully not leftovers fakes from NewEgg!!

caption_deception.jpg

bastard ! ;) I was gonna drive down Friday and pick one up .......

OP Microcenter is only like 65 miles from me.

Its around 30 miles from me. I was actually just there yesterday getting some odds and ends. They have like 70 i7 930s in stock for 199 if you want to go that route.

not really making the 199 i payed for mine look like much of a deal anymore

WTF haha ... did MC purchasing accidentally add an extra 0 at the end of their original i7 920 purchase order??

WTF haha ... did MC purchasing accidentally add an extra 0 at the end of their original i7 920 purchase order??

Must break their heart too when you snag up their negative margin cpu, then go buy the motherboard and ram on newegg.

As of this edit @ 12:02pm only three stores are in stock, denver, some store in georgia, and cincinnati with 1,2,18 respectively.

Last edited:
wtf is wrong with these damn cpu prices. I bought this cpu a year and a half ago for $199. Now after 18 months it's only 30 dollars cheaper and that's considered a steal??? And newegg has it for $280 ffs!

AMD seriously needs to get its shit together and provide some real competition in the cpu market cause this is getting ridiculous.

wtf is wrong with these damn cpu prices. I bought this cpu a year and a half ago for $199. Now after 18 months it's only 30 dollars cheaper and that's considered a steal??? And newegg has it for $280 ffs!

AMD seriously needs to get its shit together and provide some real competition in the cpu market cause this is getting ridiculous.

Tell that to the price of the 5850

I would buy one but I have no use for it... I am pretty sure they have some left in Westbury, NY.

Microcenter Rocks, glad there is one by me :) Bought my i7 920 from them for almost $25 cheaper than newegg.com last year.

argh, two tests tomorrow. Will try to go tomorrow anyways, Rockville, Maryland for any [H]'ers around here.

The website reports that ONLY Cincinatti has any left.

Too bad mine is done. I just might have picked on up....not sure what I'd do with it tho.....

And a new MicroCenter has opened up in Charlotte.

April Fools :(
What a bummer, nearest store is over 4 hours away.

Back