Intel InfernaLAN - March 27th-29th - DuPont, WA.

FrozenLiquidity

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure how many of you have heard of this one, but intel hosts these LAN "fests" every so often. The last one at this location was back in September, and the time has rolled around for another.

Details are available at http://lanfest.intel.com/?page_id=403&stem=main&eventid=1268

When: March 27th 8:00pm - March 29th 8:00am (Fri-Sun)
Where: Intel Campus @ DuPont, WA.
How much: $25 for the whole weekend right now, $30 at the door.
How many: 300 People, spots are filling up fast!

Went to the last one, there's at least one provided meal, but there's also free drinks the entire time and a ton of raffle prizes that are given away. It's a fun event, I hope a few of you can make it.

I will be there with my Nvidia 3d Setup . . .I also will be one of the judges for the CPU Magazine mod contest

Were you there last time? I know someone had a 3D setup. I watched em for a bit and remembered back in the day when my 19inch Iiyama and GeForce 2 64mb were pumping out the frames for the previous version of the 3D glasses.

I want to get back into it, but the entry cost at this point is a bit high.

Edit -> the person that was there last time didn't have the gigantic screen as you do. So it must not have been you, if those are pics of your setup. I've heard the colored 3D glasses seem to be a cheaper way to get back into that sort of thing, how is the distortion though? Acceptable? Mind if I give it a spin? I was under the impression that the newly released 3d nvidia stuff was still using shutter technology as opposed to color variance, though from your setup it doesn't appear that way...

Unless I'm mistaken one can buy the colored glasses (a good pair) for <$20 online, and then just needs to run the stereoscopic 3d drivers setup for those colors or something to the like of that. (I used the old shutter versions before)

Also, did you have to get two slots for that setup? Last time I wanted to bring my 37W3SE but wasn't sure if they'd have the room or how much space it would require. Asked the admins before I came and they weren't able to give me an up or down on it. Ended up bringing my westy 22".

Were you there last time? I know someone had a 3D setup. I watched em for a bit and remembered back in the day when my 19inch Iiyama and GeForce 2 64mb were pumping out the frames for the previous version of the 3D glasses.

I want to get back into it, but the entry cost at this point is a bit high.

Edit -> the person that was there last time didn't have the gigantic screen as you do. So it must not have been you, if those are pics of your setup. I've heard the colored 3D glasses seem to be a cheaper way to get back into that sort of thing, how is the distortion though? Acceptable? Mind if I give it a spin? I was under the impression that the newly released 3d nvidia stuff was still using shutter technology as opposed to color variance, though from your setup it doesn't appear that way...

Unless I'm mistaken one can buy the colored glasses (a good pair) for <$20 online, and then just needs to run the stereoscopic 3d drivers setup for those colors or something to the like of that. (I used the old shutter versions before)

Also, did you have to get two slots for that setup? Last time I wanted to bring my 37W3SE but wasn't sure if they'd have the room or how much space it would require. Asked the admins before I came and they weren't able to give me an up or down on it. Ended up bringing my westy 22".
I was at the LAN last month . . . .with that setup . .those pics are from that LAN. Shutter 3d works better than teh colored method. I bought three slots and got the OK before. I will have it all at InfernaLAN in a few weeks so stop by if you make it there.

The smaller 3d setup was my buddy's.

I was at the LAN last month . . . .with that setup . .those pics are from that LAN. Shutter 3d works better than teh colored method. I bought three slots and got the OK before. I will have it all at InfernaLAN in a few weeks so stop by if you make it there.

The smaller 3d setup was my buddy's.

You were in the beginning of the first row then? Strange that I don't recall noticing the setup. It's probably because I recognized the shutter technology when I saw it and focused on that. I may have just had a sidelong glance at the colored system, or maybe it just wasn't being used at the time. I dunno. I was sleep deprived that weekend so my memory is fuzzy. :D I remember getting to play some oldschool tribes and owning with the laser rifle (pewpew) and being the countermeasure guy on a ton of failed bombing runs.

For the extra $25, I think I'd keep my westy at home. It's a PITA to fit it in the vehicles we have available for transportation and I'd end up worying alot about it. Maybe it's time to pick up a larger LAN monitor, I've had my eye out for them on the Hotdeals section for a while.

Yeah, I'll be there. It would be cool to compare those 3D technologies side by side, I'd love to get back into them again, but the cost of the shutter systems (requiring 120hz LCDs) is a real barrier to entry. If the anaglyph system works well enough, I'll have to look into that.

I'll definitely be there though. I'd hate to miss it!

Back