Intel International Science and Engineering Fair Winners Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Intel Foundation today announced top winners of the world's largest pre-college science fair, the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), a program of Society for Science & the Public. Tara Adiseshan, 14, of Charlottesville, Va.; Li Boynton, 17, of Houston; and Olivia Schwob, 16, of Boston were selected from 1,563 young scientists from 56 countries, regions and territories for their commitment to innovation and science. Each received a $50,000 scholarship from the Intel Foundation.

That is awesome. Some of those projects were pretty damn cool and ingenious as well.

Sigh. This makes me depressed. These kids are infinitely smarter than me, and I have a $80,000 education. =( I wish I were as smart as these kids.

Ok, a 14 year old identified an evolutionary relationship between two creatures? Either they're teaching them a shitload more in school nowadays, or she got help from her parents!

Sigh. This makes me depressed. These kids are infinitely smarter than me, and I have a $80,000 education. =( I wish I were as smart as these kids.

First of all congratulations to the winners!

The world is an infinitely vast place. Yes, these kids are way smarter than me too, but no one knows everything. Everyone can be an expert at something if they want to be.

Ok, a 14 year old identified an evolutionary relationship between two creatures? Either they're teaching them a shitload more in school nowadays, or she got help from her parents!

I'm going to have to agree with you there, lol

Back