Intel Retail Edge 2006!

So... why do you have to be a Retail Store employee? That's retarded. Why don't they just make you attend their expo, like AMD?

Well, its intel's choice lol.

Basically, they teach you about their processors and make you want to want to sell them, yes want to want lol. Thing is even before core 2 duo they were spoutin off how great they were. Now their articles are true lol.

Puts on anti-flaming gear. Ready to withstand any level of flaming + mods will ban joo !

Obi_Kwiet said:
So... why do you have to be a Retail Store employee? That's retarded. Why don't they just make you attend their expo, like AMD?

I'd like to think dealing with the remedial customers in retail is grounds enough for a FREE bundle... but im not greedy, $220 seems more than fair.

If you dont work in retail, dont complain.

Ching, I would say that the chances are fairly good. I will say that for obvious reasons, this year's bundle is WAY more popular than last year's, but from what I understand they have a good amount on hand also. Its really hard to say. Your best bet is just earn as many chips as you possibly can even if you don't reach the 12k, because the more you have, the higher on the pecking order to get a bundle after the guaranteed ones are done.

Obi, well todlerix basically answered your question to an extent. The reason for the RetailEdge program is to train and educate RSP's on all of the advantages of our products so they can make informed recommendations to the customers. The purchase program is to reward the RSP's that take the time to participate in the program.

btw, how many Intel expo's have you attended? ;) jk

rufio said:
I'd like to think dealing with the remedial customers in retail is grounds enough for a FREE bundle... but im not greedy, $220 seems more than fair.

If you dont work in retail, dont complain.

rofl, agreed

Yay, 8250! +2K for challenges, +500 for articles, +1K for live events, and +800 for daily visits will put me well over 12K by October 17. Sweet! :D

I just started today and I finished everything except one challenge that absolutely refuses to give me credit for. It is the "Why choose Intel Viiv Technology?" At the end of if you are supposed to download a pdf and get credit. I have tried in firefox and IE and still it won't give me credit!

Bleh

todlerix said:
Well, its intel's choice lol.

Basically, they teach you about their processors and make you want to want to sell them, yes want to want lol. Thing is even before core 2 duo they were spoutin off how great they were. Now their articles are true lol.

Puts on anti-flaming gear. Ready to withstand any level of flaming + mods will ban joo !

Ahh, so they entices retail workers to listen to their indoctrination with good bundles?

Damnit. I don't work there anymore. =[

Maybe I can get my friend to verify. He's a manager there. Do they call the specific department or just the general store?

i'd assume they have a quicker means of checking than calling individually, they prob contact a main office and do it thorugh that

u8myrice said:
Damnit. I don't work there anymore. =[

Maybe I can get my friend to verify. He's a manager there. Do they call the specific department or just the general store?

They call the number you list in your contact info so if your manager friend has an extension then maybe...but most people have crapped out trying this...YMMV..

Last year when they called my store my account updated and said that they couldn't verify me so I sent and email and they just requested that I send in a current paystub. After that I was verified and ordered ASAP!

Oh and I'm at 13590!!! woot!! Got last years too!!

todlerix said:
i'd assume they have a quicker means of checking than calling individually, they prob contact a main office and do it thorugh that

My manager actually spoke with them in 2004...they called his extension directly...(got it from my profile)...

I signed up for Retail Edge October 15th last year. I rushed to get all the points possible before the deadline. I went to a Retail Edge Live Event JUST to score extra points. I won the bundle they offered as a door prize. Imagine that.
I have since upgraded to the ASUS P5LD2-Deluxe since Intel boards won't allow you to overclock much of anything. (I.E. MoBo saw my 667 ram as PC2-3200 with updated BIOS)

Can't wait till I get my hands on the Core 2
Rackin up points since January, now at 18,350 chips.
Maybe they should offer me the 6400 instead of the 6300 proc

InorganicMatter said:
How does a non-Intel employee acquire this bundle?

You'll see a ton of them on ebay in December for $350. Minus Vista. Good luck bidding. :cool:

But not mine, hopefully it will be chugging away for me!

Well, I'm not an employee, but I'm willing to pay someone extra if they'll either let me use their name to get Intel points, or go through the process and order one for me. PM me if you're a retail employee and aren't planning to get this package.

Just signed up yesterday. When I got home I did ALL of the available challenges, quizzes, and such in about 1 hour. They are super easy if you know your stuff. I even LEARNED a little about VIIV (imagine that). The longest part is waiting for the flash animations to finish so you can click next...LOL

BAM!! 8150 chips, baby!!

Edit - SS

B-B-B said:
Well it beats hypnotism.... :p

So that's what those quick on-screen flashes were during the quizzes...

Wait a minute...I've got a sudden urge to go purchase a Pentium D 840 system to heat my house this coming winter...LOL

Thanks to a good buddy of mine for pointing this out I signed up the other day and did everything including toolbox and logins. I now have 8,350 chips and can get like 200 more points from logins this month. Although does anyone know how often they release new challanges or articles and will you be able to collect chips until October 17, really hoping to get the 12k chips?

on a monthly basis they release new articles and challenges. Also, look for a "Live Event" in your area. Just attending is 1000 chips. AND, like me, you might win the "door prize". In October, they should be offering the purchase package as a door prize. If not the current package, last years package for sure.

P. S. they start verifying employment in October. If like last year, you have till mid january to purchase the bundle.

So if you only have 8,000 chips, that means you are allowed to buy one as long as they still got em in stock? Is it just first come first served or do they just choose random people with 8,000 chips and only let those people buy em?

8000 means you qualify for the purchase. 12000 means you are guaranteed to be able to purchase. Between 8 and 12K I think the orders will be filled by chip count (i.e. someone with 11999 chips will get theirs right after all of the 12000 chip orders are filled, and so on).

The popularity of this years bundle makes me wonder how many 'below 12000 chips' orders will be filled so I am going to strive for that 12k mark, although, by my math, and if they follow the current trend, I'll probably miss it by about 500...

Edit - 8550 and counting...

From my understanding anyone that did this from the beginning of the year should have well over 12k chips. I got like half points for pretty much everything I did except the new ones this month and have 8550 now. Im hoping I can get 12k before the deadline to earn points with going to one live event.

I have over 9k so far..

I am defintly going to build me a small system..possibly overclock it with another board.. I want to run Vista and see Areo..lol

Don't forget ATI has some sweet deals for BBY emplyoees

Dildy out!

What if you work for a qualifying employer now, but won't be working there in October? I quit in a few weeks due to college, but have been working for the past 4-5 months for the same employer.

Will I be ineligible even if I acquire enough points before I quit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jawadali

It all depends on when they do the employment verification. I've heard that they won't do it until October. If that is the case you may be SOL.

Thanks for the info. It seems that cashiers and customer service associates don't qualify anyway :(.

TheComputerGuy you mentioned the below, but what did you mean by that? Just the employee discount or is there another retail site to sign up somewhere? I've been looking for sites like retail edge and the microsoft training sites but atm them are the only two I know of. If anyone has anymore I would appreaciate it if they could post them as well.

"Don't forget ATI has some sweet deals for BBY emplyoees"

Thanks

Back