Intel Retail Edge Program Requirments

Kenworth

2[H]4U
Hello all. I logged into my Intel Retail Edge account the other day to check on the store products and do a couple learning modules as well as to check out the new layout. I found out I had been bumped down to Producer status which isn't a huge deal but when I went to get back up to Rockstar I saw this:

It used to be you could log on and race to get to the status you wanted (probably not Rock Legend) and then be ready for the deal. I am sure this is to incentivize visiting more regularly and keep up with the news but could be an issue for some people who don't log on regularly.

Just thought I would give a heads up to all the retail people out there so they don't find themselves not able to enjoy one of the few beneficial morsels they get for fighting through the general public on a daily basis.

Yeah i noticed that... I was originally Rockstar.. Time to get back to it. It's not that hard... 100 learning activities

Well looks like I am boned for the summer deal, have to have 3 months of consecutive activity, can't get that by the time the summer deal would be over.

Well looks like I am boned for the summer deal, have to have 3 months of consecutive activity, can't get that by the time the summer deal would be over.

I think you are reading it wrong. The status page reads:

QUALIFY FOR NEXT STATUS LEVEL

You must complete one of the following tasks to reach the next Status level:

Complete 50 Learning activities (does not include Certification Learning activities) in the last six months.

Be active on the Program Website for the last three consecutive months by completing at least three Learning activities each month (does not include Certification Learning activities).

Earn 25,000 Chips in the last six months.

Then here is what the terms and conditions of the summer/holiday deal:

Members are retail personnel who participate in the Intel® Retail Edge Program in good standing with up-to-date employment verification and must have the required status level of Producer, Rockstar, or Rock Legend within the Program at the time of placing their order to participate in the Holiday Deal. Members may need to fulfill specific activity requirements at the time of the Holiday Deal to qualify.

So while you won't get rock legend you can obtain producer and rock star status fairly easy.

To qualify for Producer Status, complete at least one of the following tasks:
Complete 50 Learning activities (does not include Certification Learning activities) in the last six months.
Be active on the Program Website for the last three consecutive months by completing at least three Learning activities each month (does not include Certification Learning activities).
Earn 25,000 Chips in the last six months.

I think you are reading it wrong. The status page reads:

Then here is what the terms and conditions of the summer/holiday deal:

So while you won't get rock legend you can obtain producer and rock star status fairly easy.

Well, ahem, I stand corrected :D I guess it was later than I thought and the new redesign threw me off. Yeah, that's it.

Really, though, thank you for finding that error because I have always been a firm believer in this program. Especially when Intel could probably do away with a thing like this they build so much loyalty. It takes a lot more work to qualify than it used to but it is still well worth the discount at the end of the day.

Anyone have any idea when the summer deal usually starts? Or what will be offered?

Will be announced most likely next week, and will be live the week after that.

Back