Intel RMA experiences?

EGM92

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

After 4 different motherboards and a bunch of sets of ram I've come to the conclusion that my processor is faulty. System refuses to post. I contacted Intel on Monday about getting an RMA and was asked for some info which I replied to and sent in some pictures. I haven't heard back since.

Anyone have any experience with intel? what kind of wait times should I be looking at? I'm trying to get my i7 2600k replaced.

my experiences aren't probably the norm. We're an intel channel partner, so it goes like this:

1. website, put in serial number, check mark on "it's broke"

2. a new one shows up at our door the next morning, shipping and return shipping paid.

I had to RMA my 920 when I first bought it. Went through their online chat service for support. Was 6 days from chat to receipt of rma number, iirc.

I had contacted intel about RMAing my board, called em on friday with details, they called me @ work the next thursday to follow up on it and provide RMA number.

Back in the day, I had a bad p3 800Mhz slot 1, and Intel sent me 2 of them when they sent my rma back:)
The funny thing was they lost my cpu, and it took them 3 weeks to get the cpus to me.
The extra one must have been a make the customer happy and shut up gift:p

I just got an email from them saying that after my CPU is received they'll 2 day UPS ship a new one back to me. I guess I'll do that on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get a working system by the end of next week.

Thanks guys.

I can vouch for their RMA service

I had to replace a P4 chip and they were fast!

Same here - I've had two P4s (one Northwood-B and one Northwood-C) fail under warranty. In each case, I cross-shipped via UPS to Louisville, Kentucky (the Intel RMA center for the eastern US). Turnaround time was all of three business days.

That is, in fact, why I have no itch to even consider AMD - Intel's RMA service for processors is simply too darn good.

I had to RMA an Intel BadAxe2, I had the replacement within that same week. The only other RMA process that is as fast is Crucial.

Thanks guys, we to do try to make the experience as painless as possible, so it is good to hear of the positive experience. There are two possible ways to deal with an RMA on a product with Intel®. If you got the product from an online reseller and you are out of the return policy with them you can call our technical support group and they can set up an RMA, which they will ship out a replacement product once they receive the old one back. They might also offer to cross ship if you use a credit card to secure the return. If you purchased the product from a local reseller who is a member of the Intel Channel Program, contact them first as they may be able to do a cross ship with our technical support much easier. One last thing to bring up that is important; please keep your receipt. If there is a question on when you purchased the product technical support will fall back on this to help determine the warranty period.

Back