Intel SSD price drop on April 26... again???

spectrumbx

[H]ard|Gawd
Taken from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=687475

A retail shop employee said on a Japanese PC forum that Intel was expected to reduce the price tags of its X25-M series around April 26.

At the same time, HP Japan announced that it will start shipping its new mini 2140 notebook with X25-M 80GB for about $800 (or 79,800 yen) at the end of this month, which is only about $100 more expensive than the 160GB 7200rpm HDD model. According to HP site in US, the price difference is currently $325 in US, which may support Intel's price cut rumor.

If the price cut is true, I'll replace every HDD I have now!

For those who can read Japanese: HP's mini notebook with Intel X25-M 80G and Intel's price drop rumor.

Bring it on.. I could use a little more space. I'd love to get rid of my last HDD in my case.

If prices are gonna be as low as they are when they claimed they would be they will have to start dropping consistently soon.

while the price cuts are great, wouldn't the HP Mini 2140 bottleneck the hard drive? (never thought i'd hear myself say that)

I am totally waiting for the price drop to affect canadian retailers/etailers, and I am totally get one. I can't resist for much longer.

Newegg had them at $393 the beginning of last week, then lowered them to $363 on Friday (IIRC). Most other e-tailers (Buy.com, Amazon, etc) have been hovering around $379 (as they are priced right now).

All I can say is... keep the price drops coming... still not low enough for me, but when it hits $3 CAD / GB, or $2.40, I'll finally board the SSD train.

+1
Although I'm holding out for less than $2/GB.
And I'd like to see the technology improve, too. The NAND-Flash block-erase limitation will get fixed one of these years...

Well, $1 a GB is really the sweet spot performance/value ratio for me. Won't likely see that until 250GB SSDs are common though.

Newegg had them at $393 the beginning of last week, then lowered them to $363 on Friday (IIRC). Most other e-tailers (Buy.com, Amazon, etc) have been hovering around $379 (as they are priced right now).

$319 right now at the Egg and Amazon.

Back