Intel ssd120m boot fiasco

Attean

Gawd
I just got my first ssd, went to install 7 on it and after a few reboots it came time for the hard drive boot and it told me "please select a valid boot drive". My motherboard is a p5e3 deluxe, purchased second hand. Anyone encountered this issue before?

howdy

did you check sata cable connections?
or check boot priority in bios
did you install windows with the ssd in IDE mode or AHCI
or try a different sata port or remove dvd drive from boot list (or any other drive connected to sata ports) to force bios to select your ssd at 1st boot device?

yeah man tried all of that except the ahci mode. Its not reading any hds note as boot able even the old one), and windows 7 isn't seeing them for some reason. I just tried canned air and loading cmos settings. Haven't den this one before...

Reinstall the OS on the SSD while the PC has AHCI enabled. Leave the hard drive out of the PC until the OS is done being reinstalled on the SSD.

Thanks guys. Still no avail. Enabled ahci in the sata configuration and tried booting into the windows installer. Got the same "insert drivers disc" message I've ben getting. Whose down for a new motherboard and 2600k? :D

P.s. Sorry about the typos. Using swype on my phone

Its the strangest thing. Its accurately detecting it in ahci mode too.... Just nothing

Back