Intel Suggestions

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy so I don't venture in this neck of the woods to often.

The reason I come over here is because my friend wants to build a gaming rig so he needs a CPU/Mobo. I recommended C2D if money isn't an issue with him. He wants something clocked high. He doesn't want something like a E6600 and then OC it to 3.0ghz. Just something that's a C2D 2.6ghz atleast.

Suggestions please?

What kind of budget are you trying to maintain?

E8400 is, IMO, the "best bang for your buck."

A P35 motherboard (~$80-$90) + E8400 3GHz (~$200)

The E8400 is only a little more expensive than the 2.66GHz E6700. He could save almost $100 by going with a lower speed CPU like the E4300 and overclocking it to 3GHz.

I'm trying to decide what to say... I'll go wait and let some other people post.

For now, a motherboard with a P35 northbridge, and either a
E6750 and OC it (I'm sorry, that's what you do)
E8400 and OC it (I guess you could leave this one not OC'd... but it OC's great!)
Q6600 and OC it.
Or wait for the Q9450 or something.

There are plenty of other chips out there, if you can buy 'em cheaper from somewhere, they should OC right up.

He doesn't really have a budget, $2k is the max for the computer so i'd say $500 tops for the Cpu mobo.

He doesn't want to OC at all. I've tried to convince him to OC but he doesn't want to.

Why doesn't he want to OC?

Can someone tell him that he's stupid? I love the threads where people insist on buying crap or using crap.

Press the Delete key during bios, change the bus to 400, save changes... POW! CPU OWNAGE.

If he wants to spend 2000 on crap, tell him to configure a dell. If he wants 100x the performance at a lower price, go on newegg and OC your components.

I don't get it...

e8400 stock 3.0 gh zand a p35 mobo should be around 350 ish + tax and shipping at least 100$ under the 500 range

Why doesn't he want to OC?

Can someone tell him that he's stupid? I love the threads where people insist on buying crap or using crap.

Press the Delete key during bios, change the bus to 400, save changes... POW! CPU OWNAGE.

If he wants to spend 2000 on crap, tell him to configure a dell. If he wants 100x the performance at a lower price, go on newegg and OC your components.

I don't get it...

I can't help but to agree with you. He should be posting on the forums.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I try to explain to him that OCing is the way to go but he insists that he doesn't want to deal with it so there's no use forcing it on him.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I try to explain to him that OCing is the way to go but he insists that he doesn't want to deal with it so there's no use forcing it on him.

Build the rig and overclock it yourself, then password him out of the BIOS.

We don't live near eachother.

That's a terrible thing to do aswell lol

Back