Intelli Mouse Explorer 4.0

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
I just got the mouse in the thread title a few days ago. I like the mouse okay, except for the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel is WAY over-sensitive. When I play any game doesn't matter which (COD, UT2K4, CS) when I barley scroll down or up it skips like 2 or 3 weapons, I have to be VERY sensitive to get it to move only 1. I installed the intelli point 5.0 software, and in it I have the scroll speed set to the lowest. Is there anyway to lower it even more?

Unless someone has a hacked program to do that (which i doubt), its highly unlikely.

Not only can you adjust scroll speed, you can also change the scroll acceleration level. This setting is found in the same place as the scroll speed. The drivers will actually speed up your scrolling depending on how fast you are moving the wheel. I have found the acceleration to be a bit overdone so turning that off or down to the lowest setting may help you.

aug1516 said:
Not only can you adjust scroll speed, you can also change the scroll acceleration level. This setting is found in the same place as the scroll speed. The drivers will actually speed up your scrolling depending on how fast you are moving the wheel. I have found the acceleration to be a bit overdone so turning that off or down to the lowest setting may help you.

I tried that and it helped quite a bit. TY :D :D

I've got a question about one of the settings under properties for this mouse.

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Hardware tab -> Properties -> Advanced Settings

It lets you choose your sample rate. Its on 100 by default but it will go as high as 200. Will setting this option to 200 give better precision?

Havent read all the posts but do you have mouse accelleration on? It makes it so that faster you move the mouse the further the mouse goes. So it's not always the same distance with the same movement of the mouse. I use a program called Mouse_fix b/c I play counter-strike and such.

12. Smooth out your mouse movement

Assuming you are using a PS/2 mouse, this tip can help give you smoother and more precise mouse control. Good for gaming and for your nerves in general. Studies have shown that smooth mousing reduces fatigue and stress and generally promotes a healthy cheerful glow (your experience may vary).

On to the tip: Right click on 'my computer' and select properties. Choose the 'hardware' tab, then the 'device manager' button. From the device manager window, find your PS/2 mouse and select 'properties.' In the 'advanced settings' tab, set the 'sample rate' to 200.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1494&page=5

I answered my own question :).

I have the Intellimouse 3.0 and the scroll is great! Its weird how they would do that to the 4.0's scroll wheel.

infin|ty said:
Havent read all the posts but do you have mouse accelleration on? It makes it so that faster you move the mouse the further the mouse goes. So it's not always the same distance with the same movement of the mouse. I use a program called Mouse_fix b/c I play counter-strike and such.
I think you are talking about scroll acceleration? I have that turned off. I googled mouse_fix but I have a question. Does mouse_fix affect the scroll wheel or the mouse itself? Becuase the mouse itself is fine just the scoll wheel is to sensitive.

I tried not using the intellimouse 5.0 software, and that makes the scroll wheel not sensitive enough. I think I might return this mouse and get an MX500/510. :(

v1p3r-386- said:
I think you are talking about scroll acceleration? I have that turned off. I googled mouse_fix but I have a question. Does mouse_fix affect the scroll wheel or the mouse itself? Becuase the mouse itself is fine just the scoll wheel is to sensitive.

That's what I get for not reading it correctly. The scroll wheel is too sensitive? Ya, I've noticed that, I bought one for $23 off newegg and I wanted to test it for counter-strike and it just wasnt playable b/c of the mouse wheel. Mouse fix just affects mouse speeds nothign with the scroll wheel.

My bad.

v1p3r-386- said:
I tried not using the intellimouse 5.0 software, and that makes the scroll wheel not sensitive enough. I think I might return this mouse and get an MX500/510.

You're tried the MS 3.0 right? I love it and cant do anything without it. There is also the new razor mouse out. 1k dots. Fastest mouse out but only has 3 buttons, including the mouse wheel click. (Left mouse button/Right Mouse button)

Back