interior paint my case

h270tah

n00b
I want to paint the interior part of the computer case

What kind of paint should I use

I just used regular spray paint cans, then put a clear coat on. Worked for me :)

If youre gonna use rattle cans, apply self-etching primer first. It provides better adhesion on bare metal surfaces.

Altron3k said:
look up some duplicolor. I think thats the car paint stuff

Dont confuse rattle can for real car paint. Rattle can is vastly inferior.

Qtip42 said:
Dont confuse rattle can for real car paint. Rattle can is vastly inferior.

True, but duplicolor auto paint in a rattle can is generally better than your average rattle can paint.

But for the interior of a case, I don't think the type of paint will make too much of a difference.

Spray some primer and then your color of choice, I'm donig this soon since I have a window and everything inside is metal for some cheap reason. :mad:

firewolf said:
Spray some primer and then your color of choice, I'm donig this soon since I have a window and everything inside is metal for some cheap reason. :mad:

If it's not metal, what else would it be?

Also, if you have the patience, drill out the rivets and disassemble the case before painting. While this seems more tedious, it's less stressful than trying to paint the random curves and countours of the case's innards.

Hammerite spray works well for the inside. The orange peel effect extends into every noo and cranny and curve without any surface prep beforehand (or sanding afterwards).

Stuey83 said:
True, but duplicolor auto paint in a rattle can is generally better than your average rattle can paint.

But for the interior of a case, I don't think the type of paint will make too much of a difference.
Indeed. "Rattle cans" made for automotive applications are generally better quality
paint than the generalized low priced stuff. Like many things, you get what you pay for.

Another vote for Duplicolor.

P.S.
Duplicolor's etch primer works great and smell great ;)

u really gotta stop sniffin' that stuff, kills brain cells... u dont wanna end up like, me!

I dont wear a mask or anything so my bogers turn into the color that I'm spraying :p

Zamboni said:
Hammerite spray works well for the inside. The orange peel effect extends into every noo and cranny and curve without any surface prep beforehand (or sanding afterwards).
Hammertones are some of my favorite finishes...how can you not love a finish that's designed to f*ck up?
Make sure you get the original Hammerite brand, the cheap knockoff stuff from Home Depot doesn't work nearly as well.
Also, allow plenty of drying time...this stuff is thick and takes about a week to fully cure but when it's done it's a very tough finish.

alik4041 said:
I dont wear a mask or anything so my bogers turn into the color that I'm spraying :p
How nice, colored boogers. Ever have silver ones? :D

On a more serious note, there have been numerous cases where metal particles show up in chest
X-rays of those exposed to metallic paint - silver etc ...

Also ... some of the solvents used in paints build up in the brain & liver. The detrimental effects of
which can take years to surface.

Never ever take your health for granted. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

Always ALWAYS wear breathing protection when painting. Do not forget, if you can smell
the paint you ARE breathing it in. Sadly many don't realize that.

That concludes our safety meeting for today.

I like to use the epoxy enamel meant for appliances. It's pretty tough stuff, alot more wear resistant than most rattlecans.

Back