Intermittent reboots on new build

kmS

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, well I just got together all of my new build, all specs in my sig, but I just installed my 9600GT and everything I thought was working fine, but last night it just randomly shuts down and reboots. So I tried to lower my O/C down after it did it a few more times last night, but still the same thing, just randomly rebooting out of no where. Anyone have any issues like this? Could my PSU not be enough to power the 9600GT be causing it? Any suggestions please.

That's not in my BIOS is it? Or do I have to do that in Vista?

Did you try adjusting the cpu down to stock speeds. See if it reboots at this setting.

It's kind of a weird problem with this new board, now sometimes the computer will just completely boot down without any warning or BSOD or anything just out cold and won't start back up unless I open the case cover, I'm sure this has something to do with the MB or how the BIOS is set, anyone have any experience on this situation that could help?

EDIT: I'm almost positive now that it's my MB protecting me from overheating, I just I think have to reseat the HSF and hopefully that fixes it, I'm crossing my fingers.

That's the really strange part, when I get into the BIOS it says I'm only idling around 34-35 at stock, and around 40-41 idle around mid 60s load when I clock it up to 3.0 GHZ, at first I only have the shutdown temp set around 70C, and I even upped it to 80C and sometimes it still just wants to power down, nothing horrible could really come from reseatting it, the worse is I'd have to do it again, so I'm just hoping that's the problem.

Back