Intermittent Video Problems

visick

2[H]4U
Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm putting together a HTPC using a Soyo K7V Plus Dragon, XP1600 and a stick of 256mb Crucial. My video card is a Visiontek Personal Cinema.
I just bought a brand new Enermax 350w PSU.

Problem is I keep getting intermittent video showing up on my crt. Sometimes it will boot up, give me the normal beeps and boot into XP. Other times I'll get no beeps but everything will power on and spin. (With nothing on the screen)

When it does boot up, it will ocasionally lock up. I had a problem using a second stick of 256mb ram, as through the process of elimination, the machine would beep like crazy with it in it.

Any ideas as to why? Or what to do next? I've already swapped out everything with the exception of the mobo. I was hoping the board wasn't going to be the problem... :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

I'll check on that, and post back.
(I usually forget the obvious things...)

yep.

Tried both PCI and AGP.

No Luck.

Just not getting the beeps now.

Tried clearing the CMOS? I've had one dealing with Soyo and I won't say that it was pleasant.

Tried it a number of times.

Would a dead CMOS battery cause this problem? It would be a cheap fix if it were... ;)

Might want to try it, doesn't cost very much, cheaper than a new mobo anyway.

If this helps...
When I pull out the only stick of ram in it, upon boot up, the machine beeps like crazy.

When I replace the ram with another known, good working stick, I still get no beeps.

Back