Internal or External Radiators?

I'm looking to cool my quad core/video card and wanted some advice on internal or external radiators.

I'd like a radiator than can cool my system and still have some additional cooling capacity for future expansion.

I'm thinking about buying the biggest radiator I can find and then use a shrouded 250mm or 350mm fan on it. I'd like to avoid the smaller fans due to noise.

Also, any suggestions on single or dual cooling loops.

Thanks,
Greg

On your case, I would go external, I am working on mounting a PA120.3 into a P180 right now, you can check my thread here on the forum.

If you want the biggest radiator then you want this one!

The Airplex Evo 1800 takes something like 15 120mm fans.... More Power!!!

computer30347uw.jpg

i wonder how many components it can cool

I also wonder what pump I need to push coolant through it

then I wonder how much is it

when I thnk about it abit more I wonder how noisy 15 fans will be

Finally I wonder who will ever need this all-in-one noise maker + space waster + power sucker + bank breaker...

Wouldn't mounting that radiator horizontally make it far less restrictive. It seems like there would be a huge amount of fluid in there and mounting it vertically would require a lot of head pressure.

I think orienation doesn't make any difference.... the distance travel does.... and this rad has about 10 miles :)

Internal :)

For the most part I die a little inside every time I see a pic of an external radiator setup. Unless you mount it really well and do a clean install that works perfectly with the case, but that is rare. :(

That radiator does better in passive mode than any other radiator on the market in active mode. Most people use a single Aquastream pump with it.

Wouldn't mounting that radiator horizontally make it far less restrictive. It seems like there would be a huge amount of fluid in there and mounting it vertically would require a lot of head pressure.

No... see my last post.

it is a closed system so no. im guessing you're thinking in terms of gravity and having to push the coolant upward? well basically whatever gets pushed up also comes back down so the flow doesn't change no matter how you orient the system.

it is a closed system so no. im guessing you're thinking in terms of gravity and having to push the coolant upward? well basically whatever gets pushed up also comes back down so the flow doesn't change no matter how you orient the system.

Ranker, are you reading this?

Head only is applicable in an open system where you want to know how much water you can push how high. In a closed system the head of the pump doesn't tell you much as the poster above has stated. However, it is a way to compare various pumps when you want to do something with it outside of a PC.

:eek:

That looks like something that came from a car

It was made specifically for water cooling. Just checked and it doesn't appear to be available anymore. Probably can find a used one on Ebay for a few hundred dollars if your interested.

Back