Internal power cord manufacturer with panel mount C14?

SaperPL

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know the manufacturer of those internal power cords used by lian li, fractal design and silverstone? Are those made internally by them or is there a cord manufacturer that makes those?

Fractal%20Design%20Node%20202%20Internals%20.jpg

I can't seem to find any supplier with cord having internal C14 panel mount connector on its end.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking for low profile right/left angle c13 connectors and I haven't found anything other than what you see from Lian-Li. Lian-Li most likely has them special made. If you need just 1 cord then you can get one from ncase in their accessory section.

I'm looking for the manufacturer for our case project.

It's a real pain to make those cables ourselves and especially annoying when there's something like it already manufactured but you don't know where to get it.

I suppose ordering it from lian li or silverstone even if possible wouldn't be really cheap too :|

Got to be custom I'd imagine. I'm not really seeing anything on Alibaba or Alibaba Express. Maybe one of those Alibaba vendors can make up something?

Last edited:
Mostly it's hard to explain to those guys what we need because they simply don't get it when you're explaining the issue and they just spam back with their whole offer of cables having C13 and C14 on the cord ends.

When someone finally get it, they want you to order like 5000 units at least if you want them to make a new form/setup for the cord.

We were asking around on alibaba and aliexpress for some time now with no success.

I talked with this manufacturer and with manufacturers who were recommended by him, and all of them said, this cable is an "old china standard" and they're not making it anymore. If so, maybe LianLi is also making his own cables?

We have an idea how to make a nice cable, but it's a bit expensive. Is there any other manufacturer who makes such cables?

3M and LiHeat both make shielded PCI-E riser assemblies.

::EDIT::, Whoops, switched tabs without realising!

Last edited:
3M and LiHeat both make shielded PCI-E riser assemblies.

We're talking about power connectors, not the risers here.

If you had opened the link you would see what we're talking about:
Computer_Power_Extension_Cable_Male_to_Female.jpg

Can you tell us who's the sales person you were in contact/handled the orders for you?

Considering Chinese level of understanding what we want it might be a better idea to talk to someone who can differ between this cord and standard C13-C14.

Necere forwarded the address to Lian Li but it's uncertain who Lian Li ended up sourcing the cable that's used in the M1 from.

Yeah, that was just a listing I found back when we were in the early stages of the project. Lian Li sources our power cable from somewhere else.

i was after the same type of internal cable for a case i am building. i contacted sales at performance pcs and they sent me to by joel at Silverstone! these cables are available for less than you would expect!
the alibaba thing has minimum orders which is fine if you are building a ton of cases that need em.
contact [email protected]
im not sponsored by either companies, i just thought it would be useful information for others building a completely custom case that requires a funky mounted psu

here is my current build, youll see why i was after the cable....

Attachments

• Facebook-20160324-094335.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-094335.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Facebook-20160324-094350.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-094350.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Facebook-20160324-094408.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-094408.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 132
i dont only make computer cases, i have turned scrap satellite receivers into amplifiers also. anyways, im just here to share my findings relatd to the OP's original question..

Attachments

• Facebook-20160324-095128.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-095128.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Facebook-20160324-095103.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-095103.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Facebook-20160324-095405.jpg
    Facebook-20160324-095405.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 130
Does anyone know the manufacturer of those internal power cords used by lian li, fractal design and silverstone? Are those made internally by them or is there a cord manufacturer that makes those?

Fractal%20Design%20Node%20202%20Internals%20.jpg

I can't seem to find any supplier with cord having internal C14 panel mount connector on its end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 162
Oh, cool...
So where did you exactly get them? Could you maybe send a link or something, please?

Oh, cool...
So where did you exactly get them? Could you maybe send a link or something, please?

We ended up ordering the cable in local sheltered work workshop where people with disabilities work. Since they are doted by the government and we're a local business making a product and NOT directly exporting their product, we've got a price that is competitive with what suppliers from China could give us. It was also easier to talk with them in polish when prototyping the cable.

On the other hand, I believe it should be possible to source such a cable from China with similar price and quality. We just made some small mistakes when approaching this by the time we were posting this topic. The biggest one was trying to get the C14 panel connector with a mould that covers the cable already like in the above photos. Looks like those moulds are controlled by case manufacturers and you won't be able to get cables made with them since manufacturers understand that you might become a competition. Getting cables made with those moulds from case manufacturers is quite expensive because of that obviously.

Right now I would advise based on what we've learned when handling other supplies:

- don't ask on Alibaba for customised product if you're targeting less than 1000 units - go with Aliexpress since those suppliers are focused on selling smaller quantities and getting them possible future deal on 100+ units gets their interest already
- find a supplier of electronic components such as C14 panel connector and C13 angled cable with open wire end. Ask them about pricing for your target quantity for those put together with heat shrink.
- talk about the product and make sure the supplier understands what you want and reacts quickly to your inquires (takes you seriously)
- order sample batches with significant amount of money - either order 20+ cables with free economic china post shipping or get small quantity with DHL express shipping so they will treat you seriously. You have to be prepared to spend ~$50 on each sampling, so double check on what are they going to give you and maybe ask for photos of single sample before they make and ship a batch to you.

Back