internal sata to esata bracket = shitty speeds?

tisb0b

[H] Pirate
I recently purchased an Antec MX-1 enclosure and Samsung HD501J hard drive. I got the antec MX-1 due to the fact it came with a internal sata to esata bracket. I recently transferred over a large amount of files and it took 3-4 times longer than it did to transfer files between my 2 internal Seagate hard drives. The transfer rate was a solid 10mb/s

Is there an option or something I have to enable somewhere in order to get half-decent speeds?

the bracket works just fine, it just switches internal sata port to esata, I use antec mx-1 and the speeds are same as if i had the drive connected internally

Maybe check your cabling? The SATA cable shouldn't be more than two meters (including the length of the internal bracket).

The speeds you're getting are abnormal. Performance wise eSATA should be indistinguishable from internally connected SATA drives. You shouldn't have to do anything to get those speeds either.

urgh now thats strange, although I did set the hard drive mode to lba in the cmos according to the user manual, that could be causing the problem even though I have my doubts but I will try changing it and see if I have any better luck.

<edit> It did absolutely nothing but copying files from the external to one of my internals seems to go at a decent speed just not the other way round

Back