Internet keeps dropping

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I'm having quite the problem and need help.

I have Cogeco HSI and Voip Service so I have an EMTA unit that controls both.

Anyways, I download a lot from newsgroups and for whatever reason I am losing service after about 10-50 minutes into downloading. The unit stays on, however I lose internet and Voip service. I then have to reset the unit to get service back. They have replaced the unit 3 times so I am almost certain that is not what is causing it.

Could it be on my end in anyway? I have the computer hooked directly to the modem and it still does it. Tech support is absolutely useless at this point as they only know how to fix the simple common issues.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Foz

no, but I have the option to do that, maybe I should?

Also its kinda dangerous for them to do 'reset' or turn off my unit, because it cuts my phone out as well, so if needed to call 911 I wouldn't be able to. So I dont think legally they would do that.

who says I'm downloading anything illegal?

It's just just about the legality. (1) Cogeco, and ISPs in general, tend to assume piracy when the protocol is normally used for it, i.e. BitTorrent and Usenet. (2) You're maxing out your connection, another thing Cogeco and ISPs in general hate.

Either SSL your Usenet, stop maxing it out, or both, and I guarentee your service will no longer get cut off.

Back