Internet Meeting Spurs Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A closed door session of the United Nations International Telecommunication Union will be conducting secret meetings that could affect the open nature of the Internet. The meetings will address the nature of a treaty and what body will ultimately control the operation of the Internet. The conference runs through December 14th in Dubai.

If the UN wants to control it, they want to censor it to promote sharia law.
We should permanently de-fund the UN, as well as throw barry aka barack obama in jail.

We should permanently de-fund the UN, as well as throw barry aka barack obama in jail.

Probably the most illogical and unreasonable comment so far that makes no sense whatsoever.

I support this message.

Hm,... Hold a conference in a country that demands control of most public and private liberty to set rules for an open international network, but keep it invitation only and behind closed doors.

UN, Useless from Alpha to Omega. :rolleyes:

You have a point, we should give control to China and Russia. They dont give a rats ass about IP

So 14 more days until we find out the fate of the internet we grew up with, thank god the world ends in 21 :p

Didn't the sand diggers just make it mandatory that all their women be chipped. Tracking their location at all times.

Fuck the UN and all of the secret meetings about our (USA) freedom of the internet!

human natures unquenchable thirst for power will be our rise and downfall. nothing free last forever, before it's exploited for the good of only a few, it's a commonly recurring occurrence throughout history, both modern and dating back to ancient times.

Fine, take the shithole of what the internet has turned into, and the geeks will make their own over top of it, and we will rejoice.

Actually whatever the UN decides, it will be closer to Sharia law. Also, can't forget that down the road, Europe is likely to be under Sharia law as well.

You have a point, we should give control to China and Russia. They dont give a rats ass about IP

It's more they don't care about foreign IP. Much Like in the US? Look at any foreign movie/show series, it's only taken down once a US company licences it, before that it's free game. :p

In our defense, mostly that is the only way we can get those foreign movies and shows. Its not like they are loosing sales, since its not on sale in the US, but gaining an audience. I actually have a collection of foreign shows I legitimately purchased after they finally got licensed here in the US.

Free speech is not a concern with the UN especially considering most of the member nations are anti US and anti Israel.
Does Obama care? Probably not.

Funny, that you say that, I find myself agreeing with a lot of Russia's stance on a lot of foreign affairs now.

Fine, take the shithole of what the internet has turned into, and the geeks will make their own over top of it, and we will rejoice.
Yeah, I imagine things go back to about Bulletin Board status if this was to happen.

Funny, that you say that, I find myself agreeing with a lot of Russia's stance on a lot of foreign affairs now.

OK, what about the huge steps backwards in Human Rights since the KGB spymaster took command of the country? Not to mention Russia re-invading or announcing that its the countries right to retake all former Iron Curtain countries...that it took over after liberating them from the Germans after WWII. Russia is the worst example to follow right now, besides developing new weapons of mass destruction or selling Aircraft Carriers to China (or leaking tons of arms to third world nations).

Who should control the Internet? Nobody! Certainly not the U.N.,which should have been disbanded long ago. Freedom of speech would quickly vanish if they had anything to say about it,along with a lot of other freedoms. The U.N. was a good idea that has gone toxic under the influence of power hungry regimes.

+1:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back