Internet on other computer doesnt work

zoltan

Gawd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so my friend brought his computer over so we can lan but his internet wont recognize. it looks like its some setting on this network options but i cant for the life of me figure it out. please help quick. thanks.

lan is enable.

zoltan said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so my friend brought his computer over so we can lan but his internet wont recognize. it looks like its some setting on this network options but i cant for the life of me figure it out. please help quick. thanks.

lan is enable.

wrong forum? Try sharkeys Tech Support forum, it's real helpful.

www.sharkyextreme.com

In cmd type ipconfig /renew.
Are you behind a router or firewall?
Switch? - If so does your ISP allow more than one device to be connected?

zoltan said:

lan is enable.

If you're trying to connect to a cable modem for example, it probably needs power cycled. Call you're isp.

If you're attaching the 2 pcs to a hub or router, then its a whole other story. Im not sure exactly what you're asking, but in the case of a hub, use windows to setup the network. In the case of a router, it should be a bit easier.

behind a cable spliter. it allows i normally have lots of computers online. its something in his settings.

edit: i did new internet connection, no workie.

Make sure he has DHCP enabled or closely mimic the network settings of your computer.

Wrong forum for this but oh well.

Have you tryed connecting his computer by itself?

zoltan said:
Cable spliter, its like a router but it only splits the connections

Hub.

Jsut uninstall/reinstall his network driver if he has the drivers, that should fix it as it'll be set for DCHP and all from the get go...

kthx

Back