Internet Provider

Moderman

Limp Gawd
Ok, my Dad resently purchased a new dell. Except we have only one little problem he lives out on a farm and the phone lines are shit. So that means he can't get Cable, DSL, other broadband connections. But we are able to get Dial up.

So I decided I do some research for him on my computer at my moms.
Here is what it's come to

-I heard of somthing like I think It was version(Correct Me if im Wrong)? all over Wireless Internet were you can get it anywhere and its a little faster than Dial up. I also thought it was only for laptops.

-Second I thought I'd ask you all what is the best and fastest Dial Up Connection.

-I also checked into satillite which is 500$ for equipment and 200$ for setup which I know nothing about satillite and 50$ a Month which I thought was outragious.

So if yall be kinda enough to throw me some Ideas it would be Greatly Appericated.

Thanks Moderman

where exactly do you live, you may be able to get some kind of wimax service,

another option is if you have cellphone coverage from verizon or cingular you can get internet from that but it will be slow, jsut got for surfing the web email etc,

AMD_Gamer said:
where exactly do you live, you may be able to get some kind of wimax service,

another option is if you have cellphone coverage from verizon or cingular you can get internet from that but it will be slow, jsut got for surfing the web email etc,

Well my dad dosn't live to far from the city it's just that the lines that come out there are just very old and would only be able to handle Dial up.

Wireless is for dekstops, he would just have to buy a wireless PCI card.

Dial up is almost always "56k" so the fastest speeds you may see, pending on how bad the lines are, about a max of 5KB (i have had up to 6KB in one place i lived somehow years ago)

What ISP's are in his area do you know ?

AMD_Gamer said:
what city do you live near

The biggest city I live near is St.Louis

MrGuvernment said:
Wireless is for dekstops, he would just have to buy a wireless PCI card.

Dial up is almost always "56k" so the fastest speeds you may see, pending on how bad the lines are, about a max of 5KB (i have had up to 6KB in one place i lived somehow years ago)

What ISP's are in his area do you know ?

Pretty much all main the Well known Providers. Also the wireless thing with verizon was little pricy so scratch that.

Back