Invalid scan frequency after installing nvidia 263.09 drivers

Galvin

2[H]4U
The invalid scan frequency appears on my CRT screen after the windows logo gets displayed. When its asking for a password.

I then went into safe mode. Uninstalled the drivers. Rebooted into safemode again and ran driver sweeper.

Booted back into normal mode. Installed 262.99 and got invalid scan frequency again. So what ever 263.99 drivers did they left something behind and now I can't install any drivers for my gtx580.

Before I use a mirror backup, i'd like to know if its fixable?

Surprises me how WHQL drivers get past huge bugs like this.

I was using 262.99 before today.

Sounds like some idiot forgot to include the CRT codes. I have to agree with ya there... surprising that a major bug like this gets by... anyone...

The last couple of releases have been buggy and there hasn't been a solid release in months, since the 4 series was released. I don't know of its the 4-series that is defective (I consider the 5-series a continuation of the 4-series, think GTX485) or they are concentrating to much on the hardware and not on the software.

I got it working. Btw this was happening on my HD tv using an hdmi connection. So wasn't a CRT issue.

I hooked up my TV to the hdmi output on the video while having my CRT hooked up too. I got to the login didn't see anything, but didn't get an invalid frequency message. Logged in then changed the video settings to use my CRT as the main display. Shutdown, unplugged the TV from the card. Rebooting with no issues.

Good job. As rick5127 correctly guessed, nVidia messed up the CRT coding in the 26x.xx series. For me, there is no option to change frequency or add custom resolutions. nVidia has said the next driver set will not be released until this is fixed. We'll see.

Back