Invisible Shield vs. Knockoffs?

ampedxc27

[H]ard|Gawd
I already searched for stuff on google and in the forum about the invisible shield by shield zone, but there arn't any real reviews here. On the web it's either a hate it or love it thing, so I need some opinions. I'm buying a 30gb black video and want something like the invisible shield or something like this. Any reviews, personal experiences or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

I looked into this last week after i saw a friend who had an invisable shield, i wasn't really impressed. I looked at bestskinsever reviews and wasn't that impressed either. I finally just bought this and should be getting it tomorrow. I looked around at different pics of different ones on flickr and thought the one from decalgirl looked best. The rest looked bumpy and not as transparant as i want.

The only reason i would get the one from invisable shield is because they have free replacement and lifetime warranty.

www.bestskinsever.com are great products. Anybody who doesn't like them have never tried them. I've known many people who have badmouthed them and eventually caved and bought one, only to be converted within 48 hours of applying them. The only advantage invisible shield has is the warranty, which would probably be useful.

The products are completely transparent and you can't notice them. The only time you can tell they're there is looking at it from the side where you can see the texture of the skin a little bit. It's not nearly as bad as you'd think though.

The skins are great for simply resisting scratches that you would get if you kept the ipod in your pocket.

well i ordered the ipod and the bestskinsever thing since it's supposed to be the same as the invisible shield, and if its no good, it only cost $8 shipped :p

I just ordered one as well. Ill see how it goes when it gets here.

i prefer a hardshell case, so i went witht he Agent 18 Shield v2 for my 4GB black 1G nano. it's tough as nails and my nano is still as flawless as when i unboxed it from the get-go.

Ok, so yesterday i got the skin and it took about a half hour to put on the front, back, and click wheel button covers, but it looks AWESOME. It looks way better than just the ipod without the skin. It looks sleeker and shinier. And some people say there is a "saran wrap" look of it, but it looks kinda cool and you can only see it if you get it on the right angle anyway. I'll post some pix later. :cool:

Edit: I also did the key test on it, no scratches, no nothin, perfect!

another great option is www.decalgirl.com I have used them for several skins and have always been 100% happy with the skins. I've used both the clear ones and the printed ones and all have been top notch quality.

I have an IS for my ipod and my razr... I have had to use the lifetime replacement after my phone broke, so to me it was worth it.

I love these things and wish they made an IS for everything under the sun!

So, are these shields removable? If you screwed up and had air bubbles, could it be reapplied?

mathot said:
So, are these shields removable? If you screwed up and had air bubbles, could it be reapplied?

Yea, they're removable. It's not like a sticker when you put it on. You put it on with soapy water and you have a few minutes to move it around before it begins to stick. After it is completely dry you can remove it with no residue. When I put mine on I had no problems at all with air bubbles, but dust was another story...

i have a BSE for my creative zen vision:m (yeah its not an apple product but oh well :-P) and it works great.. ive had to remove it once when i messed up the install, and it was easy to apply again.. it takes all kind of abuse, and is only 5 bux compred to 20 bux for hte IS; id have to buy 4 BSEs before reaping hte benefit of hte warranty of the IS..

overall, teh BSE is a MUCH better buy than the overpriced IS

I got mine today. Its definetely quality made. Only thing about it, its really hard to apply perfectly on. Kinda have some stretch marks on the bottom, but oh well. It do what I want it to day and that is, stop any more scratches from appearing. I got the screen part to go on well, just messed up the bottom a little.

I have several InvisibleSHIELDs and think they are well worth the cost. They are very hard to apply to large areas and they do leave a sticky residue if you don't pull them off realllllly slowly. I called them and they said use WD-40 to get the goo off; it took a lot of work to remove it from the underside of my MacBook (I got a new piece since one of the holes for the feet wasn't cutout). The invisibleSHIELD can get dirty over time. It also makes the surface look kind of bumpy and reduces the shiny-ness (it also makes matte surfaces look semi-glossy). Overall, good investment against scratches but expensive. I use it on nearly all of my shiny plastic electronics.

I bought invisible shield 2 kits for my ipod nanos.. I was really disapointed in the quality of the kits. One of the squeege's looked like a dog chewed the hell out of it and the other one was just a solid brick of plastic... It looks like it never got cut. The front part went on, but I had to keep applying it to get all the air bubbles out which was a royal pain in the ass. The back part just wouldn't stick on the sides no matter what I did. It didn't even feel tacky like all the other pieces. Also, one of the spray kits had about 5 sprays worth of liquid in it which really pissed me off. Their QC department needs to get the boot. After applying everything, my ipod just lost its "look" and now seems dull and used. I sent back both kits to get my money back. I might order a knockoff for 1/5th of the price and see how that goes. IMO, waste of $20, but i'll see which one is better when I get the knockoff.

Back