Iomega Professional Silver Series 750GB Triple Interface Ext HD = $241.37 + S&H

ShnikeJSB

Limp Gawd
Wow. I was looking around for a high capacity non-RAID external hard drive (my 300GB Maxtor One-Touch II has reached it's capacity), and came across this smokin' (IMHO) deal at Provantage.com

It's an Iomega Professional Silver Series 750GB Triple Interface External (8mb buffer, 7200rpm) drive. It has USB 2.0/FW400/FW800 (thus Triple Interface).

It is $291.37 - $50.00 Instant Rebate = $241.37, through Saturday, June 30, 2007. With shipping for me, it was just over $250!!! WOW!!!

Link: http://www.provantage.com/iomega-33657~7IOMS08H.htm

Looks like there's only about 5 more in stock right now, so hurry!

Here's the info from the site:
  • Professional Silver Series 750GB Triple Interface Ext Hard Drive
  • Manufacturer Part Number: 33657
  • Summary
  • Features Include
    • Fast - Transfer speeds up to 800Mbits/s with FireWire 800, 400Mbits/s with FW 400 and 480Mbits/s with USB 2.0
    • Easy to Use hot plug and play for simple file transfer and data sharing
    • With the appropriate cable, you can connect to any computer equipped with FireWire 800 (9-pin), FireWire 400 (6-pin), USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 ports
    • Versatile - Hard Drive features a slender, stylish enclosure with a space-saving stackable configuration option as well as a stand for upright desktop usage.
    • Secure Backs up critical data automatically and performs full-system disaster recovery with software included
    In the box
    Iomega Hard Drive
    USB 1.1/2.0 cable
    FireWire 800 (1394b) Cable
    Power cord
    Solutions CD containing:
    Touch-free backup and full-system disaster recover software
    HTML User Manual and Help Files
    Quick Install Guide
    One year warranty
  • Details
  • In the box
    • Iomega Hard Drive
    • USB 1.1/2.0 cable
    • FireWire 800 (1394b) Cable
    • Power cord
    • Solutions CD containing: Touch-free backup and full-system disaster recover software
    • HTML User Manual and Help Files
    • Quick Install Guide
    • One year warranty
  • Abstract
  • Newly redesigned, this high performance drive reaches transfer speeds up to 800Mbits/s with FireWire 800, up to 400MBits/s with FireWire 400, and up to 480Mbits/s with USB 2.0. This triple interface drive with 7200 rpm speed and 8MB buffer provides the quickest-possible storage solution for digital content creators.
Product NameProfessional Silver Series 750GB Triple Interface Ext Hard Drive Storage Capacity750GB Data Transfer Rate480Mbps External Maximum USB 2.0400Mbps External Maximum FireWire 400
800Mbps External Maximum FireWire 800
Form Factor3.5" External Hot-swappable Rotational Speed7200 rpm Dimensions1.375" x 4.75" x 8.75" Interfaces/Ports4-pin USB 2.0 USB6-pin IEEE 1394a FireWire
2 x 9-pin IEEE 1394b FireWire
Compatibility
  • Plug n Play
  • USB 1.1
Buffer8MB Platform SupportPCMac
Product SeriesProfessional Country of OriginChina Standard Warranty1 Year(s)

Not trying to thread-crap, but you can get a 500gb drive with eSATA for $120. It also comes with a 5-year warranty. To me, that seems like a better value.

Well, see some of us don't have the luxury of being able to USE eSATA... I own a laptop, have always owned laptops, and probably always WILL own laptops. As of now, USB 2.0 is my one means of external hard drive usage. So, to people like me, this is a good deal.

500GB is the sweet spot now for price/performance, yes, you are right. But I wanted more. I was actually looking at 1TB, but they are too expensive, and most use RAID at that capacity, which I don't want. I wanted to go for a WD MyBook, but I couldn't find anywhere with them in stock for a decent price. So, I came upon this drive, and thought it was a great deal.

:::shrug:::

Back