IP45 Pro

Yes, it will come out but the last that I heard was that it was going to be August for N. America.

Yes, it will come out but the last that I heard was that it was going to be August for N. America.
heard August too, but then had also heard june & July :LOL:
Might make a nice Xmas present :eek:

For someone not running crossfire, how good is the IP35 Pro still?
What will the IP45 Pro do better than the IP35 Pro?

If you are an IP35 Pro user now, why will you get IP45 Pro when it is released?

IP35 Pro is still very good.
Only real reason to change would be for the better CF performance & those who just want to run/investigate the latest tech.

To quote Tom's Hardware P45 test:
"Finally, our conclusion is simple: the P45 is a transitional product that makes limited sense. It is not worth purchasing a P45 platform system, unless you insist on PCI Express 2.0 and want to avoid forking out the money for an X48 motherboard or a platform based on Nvidia’s nForce 790i Ultra SLI. The P45 doesn’t deliver better performance, while it increases average power consumption. It offers some new features, but it cuts back on USB 2.0 and SATA throughput.

If you want to buy a new Intel system today, P35 will most likely be the best option, as real benefits such as USB 3.0 and architectural advances are still only on the horizon. If you already have a Core 2 system or a fast Athlon 64 X2 or Phenom, you shouldn’t rush now. It makes more sense to for wait for Intel’s Nehalem architecture with the X58 chipset, as well as AMD’s Socket AM3 platform. "
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-p45-chipset,review-31074-26.html

Wish that wasn't a tom's hardware article,
but what fsb does the IP35 Pro happily do with multi lowered to 6?

Isn't the P45 supposed to be a cooler, more efficient northbridge optimized for 45nm?

Am I wrong, or did the P35 chipset come out before 45nm CPU's?

How cool running is a P35 compared to to 975x?

How can you flash an ABIT BIOS?
It is VERY convenient doing the ASUS from a file on a USB drive, can ABIT do this, or do you need a floppy?

Wish that wasn't a tom's hardware article,
but what fsb does the IP35 Pro happily do with multi lowered to 6?
OK, Anandtech?
"Many users are already running P35 or X38/X48 motherboards, and outside of bragging rights or for new system builds, there's no reason for such users to look at P45 boards right now. "

It's impossible to give a blanket statement as every setup is different & especially not all CPUs will hit high fsbs but the mobo design is certainly capable of 500fsb plus.

Be aware that the reason that some P45 mobos are hitting very high fsb is that they are running extremely relaxed trd so very poor clock for clock performance.
Where a P35 may normally run performance level 7 (lower is better) some P45s are running ~15 to hit the high fsbs ...

Isn't the P45 supposed to be a cooler, more efficient northbridge optimized for 45nm?
well, it's meant to be optimised for 45nm but what that actually equates to in the real world ...

Am I wrong, or did the P35 chipset come out before 45nm CPU's?
It did but not by much. Even 965s can support 45nm CPUs.
I think that it would be a fair guess that P35 chipset development took into account 45nm CPU development.

How cool running is a P35 compared to to 975x?
under what conditions?

How can you flash an ABIT BIOS?
It is VERY convenient doing the ASUS from a file on a USB drive, can ABIT do this, or do you need a floppy?
from floppy, USB memory stick, from ODD (bit of work to make the disc) or via FlashMenu in Windows (inherently riskier).
abits have a socketed BIOS chip though unlike current Asus mobos if things do go wrong.

I agree, using a usb mem stick to update bios is very convenient.The funniest thing was that I was able to do so on an asrock mobod.:D

...How can you flash an ABIT BIOS?

...from floppy, USB memory stick, from ODD (bit of work to make the disc) or via FlashMenu in Windows (inherently riskier).
abits have a socketed BIOS chip though unlike current Asus mobos if things do go wrong.

Can the IP35 Pro do a BIOS flash from USB memory stick without having to make the USB memory stick bootable?

Not afaik because awdflash isn't part of the BIOS but needs to be on media.
Making the memory stick bootable is 30 seconds work though & even I managed it first time. :eek:

Back