Ipad 2 64GB 3G for $500 @ebay

Seems fishy that he is selling them in the auto section, but his feedback is good. Looks like a good buy if its legit

This and a pile of iPhones are the only things he's sold outside of car parts, and ONLY these two items have generic, very badly pixellated "EMAIL ME AT THIS GMAIL ACCOUNT BEFORE BUYING"

Spidey sense tingling

Sweet! iPad 2s are compatible with my 2010 Chevy Impala!

That same pic shows up several other places doing a google search.

Going to agree with deepinya.

lol. placed under Steering Racks & Gear Boxes... Looks like his account has been compromised.

Up to 120 sold now. Maybe he's just selling all the iPad's confiscated in China :D.

O . . . M . . . G . . . anyone that buys from this auction deserves to lose their money. Anytime you see a fuzzy hosted jpeg with a warning from seller to contact him first through a private email address it's a sure scam. If your common sense isn't good enough to pick up on that red flag, the $300 per unit price for a $829.99 item should finally clue you in that this is BS.

These auctions pop up eBay everyday, multiple times a day.

O . . . M . . . G . . . anyone that buys from this auction deserves to lose their money. Anytime you see a fuzzy hosted jpeg with a warning from seller to contact him first through a private email address it's a sure scam. If your common sense isn't good enough to pick up on that red flag, the $300 per unit price for a $829.99 item should finally clue you in that this is BS.

Really? Got another sweet deal for me to buy today?

oh man thanks for letting us all know, none of us in this thread figured it out till your post!

oh man thanks for letting us all know, none of us in this thread figured it out till your post!

Sorry, did you want all of the credit for being the first one in the post to point out that this is a fraud? If so, congrats to you - well done.

Happy now?

it really pains me to see how many stupid people are out there... ...he has sold 147 of these and 167 of the Apple iPhones.....that's a lot of dumb asses.....

eBay along with Craigslist are now reeking with scammers. It's kinda sad really, I used to use eBay often, now it's just one big pop-up ad.

Listing has been removed. I reported the item earlier, as I'm sure others did. Either eBay is going to lose a lot of money reimbursing people's stupid decision making, or maybe they'll put a hold on the seller's PayPal account...

I wonder if anyone from [H] bought one lol!

It doesn't cost Ebay/Paypal anything to reimburst people, because they don't reimburst people unless the money is still in the scammers bank account. Either way the scammer was trying to get people to email them so there probably isn't a record or tie to Ebay.

It doesn't cost Ebay/Paypal anything to reimburst people, because they don't reimburst people unless the money is still in the scammers bank account. Either way the scammer was trying to get people to email them so there probably isn't a record or tie to Ebay.

If you buy on eBay and pay via Paypal, the seller receives the money instantly. If, in 3 weeks you still don't receive an item, and you win an Item Not Received case on eBay, eBay will refund your money, whether the seller has the money sitting in their account or not.

No scammer is stupid enough to leave all the money in the PP while ripping off perhaps thousands (well there probably is someone stupid enough somewhere). eBay has to refund those fraudulent purchases due to their Buyer Protection policy.

I hope that in your post you're not suggesting that eBay will only refund a fraudulent purchase if a seller has left the money in an account.

My 10 iPads just showed up, it was legit...

Delivered on a Sunday?

Reimburst? Sounds painful.

If you buy on eBay and pay via Paypal, the seller receives the money instantly. If, in 3 weeks you still don't receive an item, and you win an Item Not Received case on eBay, eBay will refund your money, whether the seller has the money sitting in their account or not.

No scammer is stupid enough to leave all the money in the PP while ripping off perhaps thousands (well there probably is someone stupid enough somewhere). eBay has to refund those fraudulent purchases due to their Buyer Protection policy.

I hope that in your post you're not suggesting that eBay will only refund a fraudulent purchase if a seller has left the money in an account.

Delivered on a Sunday?

I even report the scammers to ebay customer rep and the rep tells me you will get a refund instead of investigating the seller. :confused:

Back