iPhone 3GS 16GB ~ $97 w/2 year contract

sweet...

how much is cancellation fee now?

I like to buy the phone and terminate the contract.

$325 Cancellation fee. They upped it because of people like you. Lol

Called BestBuy, they will not honor the price match.

Getting interesting!

Trying to find a way to spend a BestBuy gift card is annoying.

this might be potential hotter deal then.

say i go buy one tonight. how soon can i cancel the contract??

I believe you can do so almost immediately (maybe a 24hr window) but from what I recall, you will have to not only pay the ETF, but will be charged the full month of service (depending on the plan you sign-up for). Obviously I would contact AT&T before I pull the trigger...

I believe you can do so almost immediately (maybe a 24hr window) but from what I recall, you will have to not only pay the ETF, but will be charged the full month of service (depending on the plan you sign-up for). Obviously I would contact AT&T before I pull the trigger...

I'm going to do more research, but i might pickup two by the end of this week if its cheaper then buying on the used market.

You will have to pay the ETF and the data and/or voice you have used. It will be a prorated charge based on your usage. I would think before I do it though. AT&T will likely know what you are doing and charge you for their wasted time.

sweet...

how much is cancellation fee now?

I like to buy the phone and terminate the contract.

175 or 200, can't remember off hand.

either way, this is a real good deal for anyone in the market for an iphone 3gs.

hmm... i think you have to stay 1 month with at&t before you can cancel and keep the phone.

So essentially if I sign up now, I would be locked into the $175 ETF instead of the new $325 fee i presume?

maybe i'll just buy it on the used market instead.

Good price if you are not looking to upgrade to iPhone4 this summer

97 for the phone, 25 for activation, 70 for the lowest iphone plan, 175 for cancellation.. 367 without taxes and whatever hidden fees at&t taxes on.. you're looking at spending close to 400 bucks for an iphone..

97 for the phone, 25 for activation, 70 for the lowest iphone plan, 175 for cancellation.. 367 without taxes and whatever hidden fees at&t taxes on.. you're looking at spending close to 400 bucks for an iphone..

Considering a new 16gb 3gs will cost you 599 without a contract, this is still a pretty good deal.

Dragging this afield slightly: assuming you get this and unlock it ASAP, exactly what are your choices of providers at that point?

4g is around the corner, this is a waste of money

maybe, maybe not

I guess it depends on what hardware upgrades the 4G will get and how much more they're going to be charging for it.

Dragging this afield slightly: assuming you get this and unlock it ASAP, exactly what are your choices of providers at that point?

If you can unlock it, you can use it on any GSM service provider (tmobile, ATT, Rogers, etc). However, unless you manage to get a phone thats still running on the older firmware, you might not be able to unlock it until they make the next exploit public. AFAIK, they're waiting until OS4.0 is released.

Can I get the 3gs via upgrade. Stop using the iPhone, put the sim in a regular phone, and cancel the data plan after a month or so.. Basically getting a 3gs for less than 200 after all said and done..

Thanks, dr.stevil. So that restricts it to AT&T and T-Mobile for DFW...the price still ain't bad, though...

Can I get the 3gs via upgrade. Stop using the iPhone, put the sim in a regular phone, and cancel the data plan after a month or so.. Basically getting a 3gs for less than 200 after all said and done..

for some reason, I don't think so... but I could be wrong. If you get an iphone through them, I'm pretty sure you're tied to that 30.00 data plan meaning that you can't cancel it. If you do, you might have to break the contract.

Thanks, dr.stevil. So that restricts it to AT&T and T-Mobile for DFW...the price still ain't bad, though...

no problem man

I would be tied to the 30 data plan if I kept the iphone on their network. But if the iphone wasn't on the network, they can't force me to pay for something I can't utilize

I would be tied to the 30 data plan if I kept the iphone on their network. But if the iphone wasn't on the network, they can't force me to pay for something I can't utilize

right, but to get that advertised price, you have to sign a 2 year iphone service contract with AT&T. If you cancel the data plan, you might be canceling the contract since the data is required by AT&T to have an iphone. (if that makes sense)

It's a grey area, but I have a feeling that AT&T wouldn't let you get off the hook that easily. You can absolutly cancel the service and pay the 175.00 fee however.

LOL, never amazes me what people will do to save a buck or two. I would probably bet the farm that AT&T has some brains up there timing everything to ensure people don't "hustle" them. If any of you can, good on ya.

Back